Chapter 14

A/N: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYY so here's a chapter for you~! All I ask is your quirkiest bday wishes for today.

Never thought I'd be on a name basis with a bunch of pro heroes but here we are, getting texts in a group chat full of em. I've long since muted it but I'm still blown away by the fact that I'm casually talking to people I've only heard of on TV. I glanced at my phone to check the chat. Kaminari sent a meme that made me smile. I glanced over at Bakugo who rolled his eyes. When we made eye contact he started texting.

Bakugo:

Ignore Dunce Face if you need to

Y/N:

Honestly, I think he's pretty funny

Bakugo:

DO NOT tell him that

Another unbelievable change is that Bakugo has been pretty friendly these last couple of days. Still weird to call him that but he insists on it. I accidentally referred to him as Dynamight and he sulked until I corrected myself. Who knew he was so touchy about this sort of thing?

"Why do you keep calling me Dynamight?"

"It just..slips. I've been calling you that since we've known each other."

"Well, stop."

I smiled at my phone. While it's a weird adjustment, it's not exactly unwelcome.

"I thought you were busy Y/N."

I looked up to see Mr. Kakimori standing over my desk with a gleam in his eyes.

"But if you're not, I could use your help."

"I am busy."

"But you were texting for the past five minutes."

"And I was working for the time before that. You can take a look at the emails I've sent and events I've scheduled if you like."

"No need. I just want to remind you to not use company time to fool around." He said walking off.

What is with this guy?

Bakugo:

What's wrong?

Y/N:

Just him being him don't worry about it.

Over the next hour, I noticed that Mr. Kakimori passed by a couple of times. There wasn't anything that relevant on our side aside from the elevator and a couple of meeting rooms. Which meant that he was probably watching me to see if he could find something to complain about. I rolled my eyes. This wasn't my first rodeo.

I searched through my bag. Since I never fully clear it out and have a huge amount of probably unnecessary stuff in here, I was able to pull out a Bluetooth keyboard. At my last job, my keyboard broke just before performance evaluations. I used this Bluetooth keyboard to avoid any wasted time since I had a try-hard coworker who would do my work if I didn't do it fast enough. Although looking back, that sort of prepared me for this job. Maybe I should thank them.

I connected the Bluetooth keyboard to my phone and balanced it against my computer. Thank god modern phones are like mini computers. I didn't really need to touch my phone to navigate it. Whether I was chatting on the group text or responding to an email, anyone who was observing from afar would just see a busy woman. The only hassle is repositioning the keyboards every so often.

Lunch rolled around and my flow was interrupted by a knock on my desk. I looked up expecting Asshat but it was Bakugo.

"Lunch. Let's go." He said before walking off.