Chapter 51

Kaminari POV

"The girl in cell three. Why is she there?" I demanded.

All the other policemen in the room looked over to two officers who reluctantly turned around to look at me.

"She assaulted the young lady over there." He said in a bored tone pointing at a young woman who was sitting in the chair beside them.

His partner was taking her statement as they calmly ignored us.

"There's no way she would've done that unprovoked."

"At the end of the day even if she was provoked resorting to violence isn't the answer." He said robotically, his tired eyes wandering away as if to signal we were done here.

"You guys can't just keep her based on that here you need some kind of proof."

Kaiya's eyes flicked over to me and back to the officer in the chair who responded.

"They...have a history. She has assaulted the young woman before and showed no remorse."

I rolled my eyes.

"If it was that easy schmuck could be a cop. But we need evidence. How do you know she wasn't just hanging out with me."

"We arrested her...at her house."

"So she was at home." I said stubbornly. "If she was sitting pretty at her house how did she assault Kaiya?"

"The witness said she left the scene after the assault"

"So I'm supposed to believe she just went home and changed into her pajamas after a fight? That doesn't even make sense."

Why are they so intent on this? Did Kaiya tell them something?

"Why are you defending her? She hit me." Kaiya finally asked me, pointing to the dark bruise over her eye.

"Because I know she didn't do it. I don't know who you got to hit you but it wasn't her."

"And how do you know?"

"Because most people don't text and fight at the same time." I said, showing her our chat messages.

"It's not like it's impossible." Kaiya grumbled. "She beat me up at that bar for no reason."

"That's bullshit and you know it."

"Everyone is taking her side today!" She snapped. "What do you like her too?"

"Uh Duh!" I said and her eyes widened. "She's very likable, unlike someone I know."

Neither officer reacted to this conversation and kept typing away.

"And I know her well enough that after everything you've caused she didn't even have the energy to go out an-" I said.

"Where is she?!" A voice bellowed as the doors slammed open.

The other officers jumped while the two in front of me looked up with a bored expression at the heaving angry blonde. He stormed over and slammed his steaming hands on the table. The officer on the computer jumped, his face not showing any surprise. I brushed past the officer to put myself between them. Something felt off about him but my body was usually wired during hero work regardless so it could just be me.

"Dynamight please-" One of the officers said.

"On what grounds are you even keeping her here?" He hissed.

"She's assaulted a young woman-" One of them droned off.

"Oh, here we fucking go. This again? That woman" He hissed. "Is a crazy fucking bi-" Katsuki rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Bakubro we have to be calm-" I said.

"Be calm? When these idiots-" He glared at me, cutting me off.

Be calm or else you're gonna give them a reason to arrest us.

"I shouldn't have texted you." I sighed. "He's right though like I've been saying-"

"I just saw the text!" Deku burst through the door, his chest heaving as he looked around.

This is turning into a circus...

He jogged over to our table and rehashed what was going on again. I pinched my eyebrows, feeling like this wasn't going anywhere. I looked at the officers one more time who were taking Katsuki's verbal assault pretty well. Better than anyone I've ever seen. Both of their faces were perfectly blank and calm. The only sign they even acknowledged what was happening was that they were pale. I brushed him again to test it. There was just something weird about the electrical signals in his body.

"Sir, we have evidence, you don't. Take us to her before I bring the head of the division into this.." Deku said sternly.

He might be concentrating extra hard but I don't think that's it...

He seemed too young to have a heart monitor. Maybe I could just check. I glanced over to see if Kaiya was distracted when I noticed she was gone. I rolled my eyes. Of course, she'd run off. I touched the officer. The electricity running through him was faint and strange. It didn't follow his body's natural rhythm at all. In fact, a majority of it was all traveling upward instead of a bunch of signals bouncing back and forth with his movements.

"She's arrested for assault." The officer said at the same time that the other one said "She assaulted a young woman."

"You keep fucking repeating that and we keep telling you-!" Katsuki yelled. "Fuck this I'm looking for myself since you fucks can't be bothered to do your damn jobs!"

"Kacchan if we do that-!" Deku rushed after him.

The other officers hesitantly tried to stop him but were too afraid to commit when he glared at them. I didn't blame them. The line between hero and police and what laws apply were complicated. This whole thing was probably breaking a lot of protocols. He stormed off as I removed the hat from the guy. A weird sprout was there. He didn't even react to me removing the hat. I quickly removed the other one's hat and saw the same sprout. I noticed some roots weaved in with their hair and a chill ran down my spine.

"What the fuck are you doing!" Katsuki bellowed in a voice angrier than I've ever heard.

Right after he spoke a loud familiar explosion rang out. The men in front of me convulsed and writhed in pain clawing at the sprouts on their heads. A horrified sinking feeling settled in my stomach as I remembered something about Kaiya. Her affinity with plants.

"Guys-" I called out before another loud crash echoed from the back.

Deku rushed out, locking eyes with me in panic.

"She took her!"

A/N: So the theory behind Kaminari being able to sense something was up was that our brain sends signals to the rest of our bodies. I'm imagining that Kaminari's quirk has gotten much stronger and since one of his problems was doing all or nothing during his UA days he trained on sensitivity instead. Is it a stretch? Maybe but I think it's plausible if he really committed.