Chapter 3

I could kill him.

Gleefully in fact.

I took 49 calls today. For this piece of shit.

I heard footsteps down the hall and I looked up from my desk. Dynamight flexed his hands like they were stiff as he passed my desk. He glanced at me and smirked. I glared at him. It was eight o clock at the office, meaning I did overtime my first two nights on the job. I wanna hope against hope that this wasn't what my life would look like for minimum the next six months but my intuition is famously spot on.

I saw Dynamight sit at his desk and boot his computer. Tomorrow he has a photo shoot and if he looks like shit I get yelled at. I packed my stuff and walked over to Dynamight's desk. He looked up with a slight shit-eating grin on his face.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"None of your business."

"Whatever it is, it needs to wait until tomorrow. We gotta go home."

"You're free to go without me." He said, his smirk dropping like this wasn't what he was expecting.

I know he wanted me to blow up at him but as if I'd ever give him the satisfaction. Doesn't stop the temptation though since he keeps resisting me.

"Dynamight you have to go to sleep early tonight. We have a photo shoot."

He scoffed and went back to typing on his computer. I've gone way beyond caring at this point and left him to stay however long he liked at the office. If I get yelled at, I get yelled at. I no longer cared. After the shit he pulled, I made sure to cram in as many PR events as possible. So the less sleep he has, the more miserable he will be.

Turned out we were both in for a trial. Dynamight did end up staying up and regretting it and I now had to double-check everything despite my lack of expertise. I've gotten in people's way, I've stepped on toes and I've gotten some facts wrong. It was awful. Now we were headed to an appointment to advertise a product which spoiler alert interferes with the non-compete clause for the fitness photoshoot because it's for a protein powder of a competing brand. I thought those wouldn't really intersect but Mrs. Ebi informed me that it would sour our relationship. So now I had to reject them in person and drag along Dynamight for the humiliation.

"Why the fuck are we here."

"Just wait in the car I have to clear something up."

I walked into the building without waiting for an answer. I walked into the elevator and pressed the button. I took deep breaths and steeled myself. When the elevator doors opened and I walked to the meeting place. I opened the door and a man stood up smiling.

"Are you Dynamight's assistant?"

"Yes..." I said as he got up and quickly ushered me into a seat.

Without giving me a chance to respond he started rambling about the commercial that his agency lined out and I felt worse as he rambled on.

"Excuse me sir, but we will be unable to go forward with the contract." I blurted out.

His smile dropped.

"Why not?" He demanded.

"Our agency very much values our relationship with Crimson Sportswear and it seems that signing onto this contract, while not in violation, would strain that relationship."

"Why even bother saying yes to back out like this?"

"I apologize, I started the job recently and neglected to check-"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, angrily muttering under his breath."

"I apologize." I sighed, knowing that any other answer would draw this out or make this worse.