Chapter 35

A/N: With Twitter going down in flames I've decided I'll start my tumblr back up again. I probably won't be super responsive on there til I get used to using it again (I stopped using Twitter again too so if you messaged me on there I am so sorry. I've been wanting to avoid Elon's shenanigans.)

ALSO GUESS WHO IS HOUSED (for next year I've never been homeless just renting and needed a new place)/ ITS ME IM HOUSED YEEHAW THE SEARCH WAS BRUTAL

"Welcome to the finale of This Means War!" The announcer yelled.

Fans were decked out in their favorite hero's colors like a sports game. We rented out the Takoba national stadium, marking this as the most expensive event yet. The field was filled with water. Three small pirate ships laid at the starting point. All three heroes were decked out in pirate costumes and had a crew with their colors on.

Essentially it was a race to the finish line. Obstacles would be thrown their way and they can give each other obstacles by shooting a limited number of cannonballs at their enemies. Simple sweet and fun. The announcer explained the rules and introduced each hero, causing deafening screams from their supporters around the stadium. The excitement was palpable enough to taste. On the giant screen, the countdown started, the crowd yelling with it.

3!

2!

1!

With a loud buzz, the race started with each team rowing the boat forward. The three of them gave out orders on the boat. Almost at the same time Bakugo and Midoriya started racing towards the back of their ships. On Midoriya's boat, they lowered the sail and Midoriya jumped charging a punch. Bakugo went to the back of the boat with a crew member. The crew member stuck to the boat and held onto Bakugo as his gauntlet started to glow. Both boats shot forward pulling ahead of Kirishima.

As soon as the boats reached a third of the way the waves changed. It became rocky and hard to navigate. Due to both leaders being in unstable positions, Bakugo being behind the boat and Midoriya catching up with air step, the crew floundered a bit for this sudden change.

"Now!"

Two cannons shot out from Kirishima's boat landing on their ships and rendering them unable to move for the next thirty seconds. One of the crewmembers on Kirishima's boat once they reached the crest of a wave threw a ball in the water where his boat was going to land and they bounced off it, pulling ahead of Bakugo and Midoriya. The Red Riot fans went wild in the stands chanting his name.

Bakugo shouted an order and launched a cannonball at Kirishima's boat while they were unsteady on the wave. Kirishima anticipated this and hardened his skin to catch it. Backed by some members of his crew he withstood the blow and didn't incur a penalty. Bakugo grits his teeth and barked more orders they were able to move. They changed their rowing style to match the rocky waves and catch up. Midoriya, not one to be outdone, used his blackwhip to latch onto Bakugo's boat and with the help of his crew pull them forward to a few paces behind them.

Once they reached halfway, two whirlpools formed ahead. The crowd gasped and I had no idea how they were going to get through it. Midoriya's boat instantly started moving to the side to avoid it. Bakugo's boat had the bad luck of being in the middle and his only choice was to navigate between them. One of the crew members ran up to Kirishima and whispered in his ear. He looked surprised then did a big smile and nodded. The crew made a lot of noise before scrambling over the boat.

Midoriya took the slow and steady route while he figured out a way to pull ahead once they were in a safer zone. Bakugo's crew was scrambling as well raising the sails to an almost horizontal point, leaving us with no clue as to what he was about to try to pull off. Kirishima's boat started to get sucked into the whirlpool. For team Bakugo, two crew members went to the sides of the boat looking for a signal from him. When he nodded they directed their quirks to the sails lifting the boat out of the water and over the whirlpools. The Dynamight fans deafened the stadium cheering him on.