Chapter 24

A/N: Tomorrow is going to be hectic so I'm posting early.

A knock woke me up.

I glanced at the clock and it was 10 am. I make sure I'm decent enough and open the door. Mr. Kakimori looked at me with disdain, fully dressed in professional clothing.

"This isn't a vacation." He sneered.

"We didn't have anything planned for today." I said.

Loosen up.

"You need to be prepared if we have to do something. Treat it like you're on call." He rebutted. "Anyway, I'm here to notify you about an interview booked in a few days. I want Dynamight prepped."

"An interview? Where?"

"Well if you checked your email, you'd know these details. This is why I'm asking you to be prepared."

I reached for my phone and looked at the time stamp for the email he was referring to. It was sent after midnight. I thought about pointing this out but I knew it wouldn't go anywhere. I also wanted this guy away from me as soon as possible.

"Alright well duly noted. I'll collect the information and brief B-Dynamight later." I said.

He lingered at the door and I itched to close the door on him. I could tell he didn't enjoy how dismissive I was about his admonishment but I could care less.

"Y/N." Bakugo called out from the hall.

Mr. Kakimori pasted on a smile, gave me a reminder about eating breakfast, and quickly walked off. My eye twitched and I sighed. After this contract, I'm seriously re-evaluating where I'm going next.

"Hey Dynamight. I gotta brief you later on something but let me get ready first." I said.

"...Alright."

"Cool, well if you excuse me." I said before closing the door on him.

I got dressed and read the email he sent. It was an interview with Devil Speak. A trashy show that advertises getting the evils in the open. He's all about "real talk" and getting his guests to admit their ugly sides. Basically a podcast for assholes by assholes. Why in the world would Mr. Kakimori ever agree to this?

I looked through the email chain and realized I just never answered this email a while back. They must've gone over my head and emailed Mr. Kakimori afterward directly. They claimed that they wanted to "humanize Dynamight and make him seem more relatable". I'll be the first to admit that Bakugo has a weirdly cagey image for how blunt he is but that's all the concessions I'll give my manager. If he did a lick of research he'd know this guy is just a PR nightmare with access to a mic.

Maybe that's why he went out of his way to tell me to prep Bakugo. I grabbed my laptop and asked the staff if I could use one of the meeting rooms. Once I got the key, I told Bakugo to meet me there. After 15 minutes, he was there in casual clothes. I tried not to be jealous he could wear a t-shirt and failed. Then just settled for not taking that jealousy out on him. I projected my laptop onto the screen.

"Okay, so do you know anything about Devil Speak?" I asked.

"No."

"To be completely honest, it's a trashy talk show. The only good it's ever brought was being able to weed out red flags quicker."

I played him a clip where they talked about ranking the female heroes and their dateability. Naturally, the ones who were more headstrong ranked lower because they "weren't feminine" enough. As if any of these guys have a chance with those women. I stopped the clip before they started discussing Uraraka.