Chapter 26

A/N: I don't have a lot of self control this week and that's okay. This will be the last chapter I publish this week though. 

For the last event, it was planned to be shown live. Tickets for that event were already put up for sale long ago but now the few that we did see floating around the internet were getting sold for exorbitant prices. Which attests to how popular the first episode was. I've also seen people make ideas about what the costumes for the next event will look like. There's also been an explosion of secret agent scenarios floating around about other heroes which pulls people who weren't previously interested in the trio to check out what inspired it.

I let this good news and press sink in as we headed to the location of Devil Speak. There was a part of me that was hoping it was far so I could complain or reschedule but it was unfortunately in town. This was probably why Mr. Kakimori went ahead and scheduled it. When we stepped inside I recognized the up-downs I got. The same ones I get in the gym or a clothing store. The gazes that said I didn't belong here. I opted to ignore it and checked in with the host.

"Hey! Dynamight you're here!" He said ignoring me entirely.

Yea.....this is gonna be one of those days

I couldn't really imagine a pleasant conversation with him anyway so it didn't bother me much. I also didn't have to re-iterate any banned questions since Devil Speak has a policy about "keeping things authentic". I doubt they'd listen to me anyway.

"After the radio silence I thought that was the answer!" He laughed. "But I'm glad you decided to come. Mr. Kakimori emphasized he wanted to let your fans get some insight on you so that's what we'll focus on today."

"Alright." He said.

"Tight-lipped as ever." He smiled. "Just be sure to keep it to at least two words during the interview okay?"

He walked away to talk to some of his staff and Bakugo gave me a look.

"This was your manager's doing don't look at me."

"We could just leave. I doubt this place has a lot of reach." he said, looking around in disgust

"We're already here." I shrugged. "Two hours and we can talk shit in some cafe later."

He sighed and I pat his back. After a little bit, Bakugo and the host were situated across from each other and he was introducing the show. He started off with some good questions like the struggles of being a hero. I saw Bakugo hesitate because it was a question he liked. Then he answered and the host continued on this line of questioning. The perks, the icks, surprises about the field. I found myself surprised by the interview. Bakugo has a pretty masculine image, job title, and style. Maybe this is how he treats people he respects. Gross, but at least the time is passing by quickly. Given how relaxed Bakugo was compared to the beginning of the interview, I'd say he was pleasantly surprised too.

Then he asked about Bakugo's type. 

"I prefer to keep that to myself." Bakugo answered, his mouth drooping into a frown.

"Well I imagine a man in your position could have the chance to be with all types of women." The host smiled. "I'd have a hard time choosing a type too."

The audience murmured in agreement, there were some whistles and claps. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Well it was alright while it lasted.

"How much does being a hero help in the romance department?"

"It doesn't. Heroes are busy focusing on dealing with more important things." Bakugo answered pointedly.

The host waved it off, pretending he doesn't see Bakugo getting angry. Actually, it might be that this is what he wanted because he glanced at me then back at Bakugo and his smile became a little more prominent. I had a bad feeling about this.