Chapter 36

A/N: There's been a lot of happy chapters in a row. It'd be a shame if something happened to that. 

I was on Cloud Nine.

I didn't even mind that I had to go to work an hour and a half early. Here are the Pros. I had a really hot 10/10 full stack boyfriend with a personality I like and everything. Cons. It's hard to be subtle about this fact. I'm doing my best though to not change too much on how I act. Things still aren't busy (for us) since everyone is holding their breath for the stats of the latest episode to come in. But today, we had a meeting to go over the campaign and see if we wanted to continue. We have this every time the contract ends and given how successful sales have been for Crimson Sportswear it was basically a formality at this point. I'm willing to bet designs are already close to being finalized.

We ended up using the meeting to discuss the new campaign and as I suspected they already had some fleshed-out ideas and mock-ups to present. This is when I noticed something was off. I tried to suggest that we have some that focused more on his heroism than his looks. Nothing verifiably weird happened, but it seemed like people were paying too much attention every time I spoke. It made my skin crawl. After the meeting, we cleared out the room and I tried to shake it off.

"What should we eat?" Katsuki asked.

"I kinda want to try a new place but I want it to be guaranteed good. You know?" I said.

"You have to give me a direction to go."

"Maybe I don't know what I want. Maybe I want you to pick for me. Maybe I just wanna follow your lead." I huffed.

"Give me a goddamn direction before I eat without you." He flicked my forehead.

"Ugh!" I said before thinking a bit. "I kinda want omurice? But at a place that also has sweet options."

"Was that so hard?"

"Yes. Brutal." I pouted.

Then I noticed people whispering and looking at us. It wasn't a few people either. When I looked directly at everyone they looked away or pretended they were doing something else. Eventually, Katsuki took me to a restaurant he really liked and we went back to the office building. Out of boredom, I decided to brew some coffee in the break room just to stretch my legs.

"So do you think it's true? What if everything up until now has been an act?" Voice #1 said.

"I don't think it would come out of nowhere but it just doesn't seem-" Voice #2 replied.

"But think about it. She's the only one who got Dynamight to behave. How do you think she did that? Just cussing him out? Unlikely."

I paused, waiting in the hallway.

"Wait what's going on?" Voice #3 said.

"Rumor has it that Y/N is a stalker and is blackmailing Dynamight." #1 said.

My eyes widened.

"What?" #3 said. "No way."

"Well, I heard it from someone who was close to Dynamight."

"Who?"

"I dunno, a friend maybe. I think they said that the person worked closely with him?"

Blood roared in my ears. My heartbeat pounded in my chest.

I'm so tired of this bitch.

I walked in and all conversation stopped. I sifted through the options until I found my favorite flavor and put it in. Then I grabbed a mug and started the machine. I heard them try to leave when I spoke up.