2. Needy Bitch

👑

This Davina story follows an alternate ending to Reputation/viserys /Daemon. Please read reputation to part 102 before you begin!

👑

Long live Queen Davina Targaryen!

🐉

''She presides only in the absence of her husband. On his death, the seat passes-' Vaemond reminded Rhaenys and Baela both.

''To Lucerys Velaryon. As is my lord husband's desire.'' Rhaenys reminded him stiffly.

''I am the Sea Snake's own blood, the closest kin he has left.' Vaemond shouted

''Be careful, good-brother. One could take your words for treason.' Rhaenys told him calmly.

''I speak the truth, Rhaenys. And you know it.'' Vaemond spat.

''The matter has been decided.'' Rhaenys sat confidently, calm and collected as Vaemonds temper only grew.

''By a man whose ambition has brought down on us calamity after calamity. My brother cares only for the history books. But what of the Velaryon line? Is it to be snuffed out, supplanted by the pups of House Strong? Driftmark is mine by all rights." Vaemond shouted. "And while I should like your support, I do not... need it. The winds have shifted. The crown has good reason... to take my side." Vaemond went on and Rhaenys let out a deep breath.

'' My cousin the King would have your tongue for this.''

''But it's not a king who sits the Iron Throne these days, good-sister. It's the queen."

+

''Syrax brought a fresh clutch three eggs three eggs!'' Daemon exclaimed "place them in a North facing warming circle.' Daemon instructed

''At once my prince." They took the eggs from Daemon. "the maester brought this.... just arrived from the lady Baela on driftmark.' Daemon took the scroll as the two men walked away Daemon read it over slowly.

+

"Are staying in bed all day today?" Davina pondered as she entered Baelon's room.

"Not all day." Baelon corrected. "Blame Visenya-"

"What? Why is it my fault?" Visenya countered.

"You definitely kept me hostage here." Baelon offered and Visenya stared back at him.

"He is very much lying." Visenya countered. "Hey mama I was thinking our eleventh name day is right around the corner-"

"Moons away but sure." Davina agreed.

"And I want us to have the best party ever. Cookies galore and obviously Luke needs to be here."

"I agree."

+

''The Conqueror and his sisters sailed with a great army.'' Jace repeated

''Se Blakuata Rasho dranot vilinio viartis." Maester Gerardys told him in high Valyrian.

Jace let out a sigh as he tried to remember the right translation. He had been learning over the years when he visited Davina and now Rhaenyra was finally teaching him properly, well a maester was. Jace always thought it strange that his mother ignored him and Luke and even Joffrey once she wed Daemon. Like she had forgotten about them and their existence once she started pushing out new, very silver haired siblings.

Jace liked that Davina helped teach her children. Quizzed them, encouraged them to speak it throughout the day. Jace liked that she was letting them marry who they wanted to when they wanted to. He missed the capital, he missed Davina and his nephews and nieces. He felt very alone on dragon stone.