27. Where It Hurts

They didnt have pits in winterfell and Fury didnt like the snow, he wouldnt fit within the castle of winterfell but they had an old stable that Cregan cleared out for Fury, it kept a bunch of random things they never touched and was large and tall enough for Fury to not sleep on the snowy ground. 

Davina went to check on him, Luna chased at her heels. Davina stopped at the stable when she saw him doing pretty paws, much like Luna did for a treat. He was playing with his shadow. 

"Hey Dav-"

"Hey Dav-"

"Shhh." She leaned into cregan and he peered over her shoulder.

"What is he doing?" Cregan whispered. 

"Playing with his shadow." Davina offered. 

Meanwhile at the capital they were less content. And Dragonstone was already knee deep in their schemes. 

"Hit her where is hurts." Daemon offered. 

"You?" Rhaenyra offered through a huffed breath. 

"Well," Daemon smirked. "I was thinking her children." Rhaenyra hesitated. "She took your children, our boys, you want her to get away with that?"

"They ran away, we still have Aegon and Viserys." Rhaenyra reminded him. 

"And you are so willing to give up?" Daemon countered. 

"This is not giving up." Rhaenyra corrected. 

"It looks like it." Daemon countered as he poured a tall glass of wine. "Davina's son sits the throne, you just... you sit here and act like everything it fine." Daemon spat. "It's not fine, we need to show them we are-"

"Where is Davina?" Rhaenyra questioned. 

"Dead." Daemon offered. 

"I dont believe that. She is hard to kill." Rhaenyra countered. 

"Where is she then?" Daemon thought if she fell, like he saw her fall, then she was dead. She had dropped, Fury had dropped and not together, there was no way she survived. His twin was dead. 

"So we go after her heart. Her children." Rhaenyra agreed, "They will be weakened if she is dead, they will be vulnerable."

They didnt give up faith that Davina was alive. She was a fighter. 

"I am the king. I make the rules." Aegon corrected.

"The king for how long though?" Aemond asked. "We need a plan Aegon."

"I had a thought on that too your grace." Criston remarked coming up to them. "We go the rooks rest, House Staunton had pledged their support to Rhaenyra as well. We show them who the real king is."

"Lets go then." Aegon declared. "Protect the castle brother." Aegon decided. Aemond nodded watching him go. 

"Aegon be careful." Aemond called after him.