44. Timeless

"Thank you." Davina whispered as she patched Cregan up. 

"I didnt do anything." Cregan mused, her hands drifted over his stomach. "I was getting revenge for Fury." he offered as she met his gaze. 

"Thank you from Fury then." Davina agreed. 

Fury was currently having a loud and snapping conversation with Caraxes on why he was such an ass like his former owner. Which Caraxes received a slash to the face. Fury seemed to laugh as Caraxes snarled back at him. But Fury rose his paw again, as if to say try me bitch, this is my home. 

Davina assured Cregan he could wait on Sunfyres tail for another day, he was just stabbed. But Cregan wanted to keep his hands busy, keep his mind from the pain. 

He got to cutting and welding and sewing a wing flap for Sunfyre when Davina approached him in the courtyard. 

"My queen." Cregan coed. 

"I wanted to give you this." Davina remarked and he looked to the dark sister blade. "Valyrian steel... worthy of a man like you." 

"Are you sure?" Cregan countered. 

"Yes, I request one thing." Davina added. 

"Anything." Cregan agreed. 

"Give it a new name."  Davina pulled it back. 

"What?"

"I need it for another day." She realized. 

"All yours. Do what you gotta do." Cregan agreed kissing her. Davina smiled leaning into him, she looked over the designs. 

"You are really talented, we could use a man like you in the capital... long term." Davina offered. 

"Is that your way of asking me to stay?" Cregan questioned. Davina shrugged. "I'm going to need to hear it Dav." Cregan mused. 

"You think Sunfyre will be able to fly home?" 

"I fixed Fury's tattered tail." Cregan reminded her. She touched the sketches and the leather. "You do trust me." 

"I know." Davina agreed. "Cregan..."

"I know." He agreed tipping his head into her. 

"I think I know another way to distract you

"I think I know another way to distract you." Davina purred and Cregan dropped his tools standing up. "What if I said dragon riding?" 

"I still get my arms around you." Cregan agreed his mouth brushed up against hers like striking steel flint. Sparks shoot through his body, immediately catching fire in his chest. If felt like they had kissed a hundred times before with how easily they fit together but the excitement of the moment rivals any first kiss he had ever had. 

With Davina It was always thrilling, a rush of adrenaline, the cheer of a packed stadium, being suspended in the air as Fury flew down making him levitate, and the frenzy of that smile, those hands over him, all tied together in his pounding heart. His hands shift to her lower back as their heads tilt to the perfect angles one must have thought they tested and practiced many times. 

His lips react as if they know exactly what to do. There's power in familiarity. He already knew how to deliver a mind-blowing kiss to Davina Targaryen, and he was using that knowledge to his advantage. 

She pulled him back out of eyesight from the rest of the world. What started out as a slow kiss upgraded to something more passionate. That's another plus to familiarity—you can bypass the getting-to-know-you phase and go straight to the I've-gotta-have-you phase. 

There has clearly been a lot of wanting between them from the moment they first met because this kiss was heating up fast. Her fingers dig through his hair as Cregan's roam up and down her back. He was cursing this tight shirt of hers, her riding pants. Clothes quickly became an impenetrable barrier between his hands and her skin. 

So he moved to her neck, combing his fingers through the base of her hair. They fell back a few inches, landing on the haybale in the stables and she laughed out. It was the most glorious sound he had ever heard. 

Cregan's mouth comes down on hers, but she immediately softens in his arms. Like muscle memory, their lips move together in a frenzy of passion and desperation. Cregan kissed her with all the love he had inside him. He wanted her to know that she's safe with him, that he would never hurt her. Cregan was diving headfirst into the fire, not caring if he got burned. 

A horse neighed out, sniffing down at them. But, neither of them breaks the kiss. Instead, he pressed her against the wall, pulling her to him, all in with this kiss. In the history of time, there have been many stable kisses, but Cregan guaranteed that none of them have ever been as good as this one. He pulled back slightly, placing his hands on her cheeks.

"Marry me." Cregan whispered against her lips.

"I'm too old for kids." Davina decided. Cregan cocked his head.

"You are still young." Cregan countered.

"Aegon is almost 20 and I didn't start having him when I was young like everyone else. I was in my 20s."

"That would make you?" Cregan mused.

"Timeless." Davina answered for him. "You want someone that can give you children, that can continue the line... you don't want me."

"I do want you. I'm past the age of marriage."

"Pft, men don't have that age." Davina corrected.

"I want you. I don't care if I have children of my own, I can trick your children into liking me."

"You wouldnt need to trick them." davina corrected.

"I want you forever, Davina." 

They were forever. A forever they'd take day by day. That was the funny thing about forever—you could take all the time you needed to get there.