42. Forever is the Sweetest Con

Boys like you / Tyrion Lannister Out now!

"Davina," Seamus warned stared at the incoming dragon. "Thats not Vhagar." He realized. Davina looked out the window.

"Daemon."

"Round two Davina?" Daemon called out. "I saw Fury, and here I thought you were dead... or did your dragon flee without you?" 

"Mum no." Aegon demanded. 

"I can't just sit here while Daemon threatens us again. I need to end it." Davina corrected. 

"Aegon is right." Seamus countered. "You couldnt do it before."

"He tried to kill me, he hurt Fury. I can do it this time." Davina corrected. 

"DAVINA! COME OUT AND PLAY!" Daemon demanded and it all sounded so familiar.

"Is that Caraxes?" Visenya questioned as they got closer. "Aemond!" 

"I see him, get inside right away. I will handle him." Aemond assured. 

"Mother would die if you were hurt." Visenya countered. 

"I'm going to do what mother couldnt." Aemond informed her. "I'm going to kill Daemon." 

"And if he kills you? He almost killed mama-" 

"Your sister is right," Cregan remarked as they landed. "Your mother wouldnt want you going up against Daemon." 

"Get inside Visenya, warn mum if she doesnt know already." Aemond instructed as Visenya and sara ran off. Cregan looked to Aemond as he climbed down the ropes. 

"Aemond dont do this alone," Cregan warned. 

"Get inside where it's safe, Stark." Aemond countered. 

"I'm not good at following directions." Cregan murmured. 

"Come to surrender, Daemon?" Davina mused. 

"I thought you were dead. I thought I was the one to take down the big bad bitch queen." Daemon remarked smugly. 

"Better luck next time." Davina offered with a shrug. 

"You spiraled." 

"Yeah, you hurt Fury." Davinas gaze shifted to Caraxes. "I'm disappointed in you, Caraxes!" Davina demanded wagging a finger at him. 

"Please Davina-"

"I love it when you beg." Davina cut him.

"Just give up now."

"I am not a quitter Daemon." Davina corrected. Killing Daemon, she could do it, he certainly didnt care if she was dead. But he was her twin, that meant something to her. She had been in love with him for ages. Now she looked at Daemon and all she saw was pain. Wasted her youth on him. 

"You not happy with Rhaenyra? I'm not surprised, you wanted me, can't replace me with a wannabe." Davina remarked. 

"You were always Clever as the devil but twice as pretty, Davina."

"Only twice?" Davina mused. Davina needed to stall to build up the courage to kill him. SHe thought she was ready just like that day she went spiraling out of the sky. She thought she could do it but when she got there, when she saw him face to face, she still couldn't do it she couldn't find the strength to kill her own twin. Her life meant little to her, she hated him with every morsel of her being but hate was sometimes an even stronger emotion than love. 

Cregan knew from how she talked about her children, talked about Daemon that killing him would be hard, impossible maybe. Cregan didnt want Davina's son putting himself in danger, knew from the few days he had known Aemond that he would do something reckless to protect his mother. 

Cregan knew he had to do something because daemon didnt have a heart. Davina would show restraint until it was too late. 

"We promised forever Davina." Daemon shouted.

"Forever is the sweetest con."