28. New tail

Fury looked to davina skeptically as Cregan held out the contraption he had made for furys new tail.

Davina ran a hand over her the leather and metal straps.

"Fury you are going to hate this. But you cant fly without a wing baby boy." Davina remarked.

"Almost got it

"Almost got it." Cregan agreed and Fury shifted slightly. "Can you tell him not to move his tail?" Cregan pondered. 

"Fury, he's almost done, then we go for a test flight." Davina remarked petting his head. "Then we go home." 

"Your grace," Seamus declared. "A raven just came from the starks." Aegon took it from him breaking it open. 

"It's from mum!" Aegon declared. Aemond came running. 

"Is she okay?" Aemond demanded. 

"She's in winterfell, Cregan Stark is... Fury needs a new tail..." Aegon's face scrunched up.

"Let me see it." Aemond demanded grabbing it from him. 

~It's your mother, yes I'm alive I'm in the frozen north. You all better be safe and sound by the time I get back. Cregan Stark is making Fury a new tail, its a long story, I miss you kids like crazy, and if you are risking your lives know I will lock each of you in your rooms when I get back as punishment for being reckless. I love you, I love you, I love you, I will be home before you know it if Cregan is as smart as he claims to be. Be careful, be brave, I will see you soon, don't come for me, I dont want Daemon coming after you if he sees you flying this far alone. Please my loves, protect each other. Davina~

"She's okay." Aemond breathed out. "I'm going to get her."

"No, mother said-" Aegon cringed from the pain of his own injuries.

"Grandma is going to kill you when she finds out-" Jace remarked. 

"Shut up. I'm still the king." Aegon reminded him. 

"And supposed to stay in bed until further notice, you broke a few ribs." Visenya reminded him.

"Thanks Visenya." Aegon whispered as she handed out some tea for him. 

"It's got the good stuff in it too, the maester made it." Visenya offered. 

"Ah, the pain meds." Aegon agreed taking a sip. 

"Lord Seamus," Tommen whispered nodding to him. 

"Excuse me your grace." Seamus offered moving to Tommen. 

"Another Raven," TOmmen offered. Seamus looked at the seal, Stark again but this time the outer scroll said Strange on it. His code name of course. 

"Thank you." Seamus agreed opening it. 

~I hope you got my raven, I'm sending two in case it got intercepted.~

Davina began and Seamus chuckled. 

~I'm in winterfell, I'm safe, I know the kids are going to want to take on Rhaenyra and Daemon by themselves, but dont let them. The Daemon I dealt with in the clouds was not the brother I once knew, he was long gone and wanted violence and nothing else. Protect them from him when Daemon comes, I know he will. He has wanted the crown for as long as I can remember. P.S. Tell the kids to raven back, Winterfell has a shortage of Ravens. Dav~

"She knows them well." Tommen remarked reading over Seamus shoulder. 

"That she does." Seamus agreed as he tucked the note into his pocket. "I miss her, I'm worried about her, she had been... we have been close for years and... its strange not having her here." 

"I know what you mean, when I came up I... well I was in dorne for years because it hurt knowing Davina wouldnt be mine." Tommen offered. 

"Makes sense." Seamus agreed.

"So knowing she was here, but she had people that loved her, I was okay with staying away because I knew she was happy but coming back and having her not here, I'm just a nervous wreck, she had and always will be my best friend above anything else." TOmmen declared. " At least now we know she is okay."

"We just have to keep her kids safe now that they know where she is and are going to want to fly off to get her... Aemond in particular." Seamus remarked. "He is going to be a pain to keep put now that he knows." 

"Thank you Cregan." Davina remarked as he stood up brushing the snow from his pants. 

"Any time you need a wing replacement I'm your man." Cregan agreed. 

"What do you say Fury should we go for a test flight?"