49. Hummingbird Wings

"Ive never liked weddings." Davina said softly as she held onto Cregan. "But this one..." alyssa smiled brightly back at Jace a flutter in her chest much like a hummingbirds wings Alyssa thought as Jace held to her hands. Aemond leaned into Davina and she tipped her head into him. 

"Im really grateful you are letting us find love mama." Aemond whispered. "You're the best mom ever."

"Well I have the best children so it was easy." Davina informed him.

"Hush Sara." Cregan whispered. 

"What? It's this wedding, it has me in the mood for love." Sara declared through a whisper of excitement. 

"Too young." Cregan corrected. "Davina, tell her." 

"I love Aemond." Sara whispered. 

"Oh!" Davina squealed. 

"No, no oh." Cregan countered. Aemond cowered back. Davina looked to Aemond and back to a beaming Sara. 

"Too young." Davina gave in and Aemond relaxed into her. "But let the idea of love grow naturally... over time."

"Like you and Cregan." Sara agreed. 

"Yeah... like you and me?" Cregan pondered. 

"Yes." Davina whispered kissing his cheek. 

"I am yours and you are mine. Whatever may come." They repeated.

"Thats going to be us one day." Visenya told Baelon confidently. Davina chuckled leaning back into Aemond wrapping her arms around him.

"You want to marry me?" Baelon asked.

"Yes." Visenya said immediately as though it was the simplest thing in the world.

Alyssa and Jace ran down the aisle and it was onto the celebration, it was a long time coming. Baelon and visenya spun around with MD and she laughed out sparkling between them. Egg and Vizzy giggled running around and running into every person that got in their way, landing with a little thump on their rumps before pulling themselves back up and giggling out again. Alyssa and Jace might as well have been the one two in the room. Joffrey offered his hand to MD and she beamed back at him spinning around happily with him. LUke was shimming up to Visenya and Baelon.

"My queen... can I have this dance?" Seamus asked holding out a hand for Davina.

"Go on mama." Aemond assured kissing her cheek.

"You have done well." Seamus told her. "I know the council agrees."

"As Hand of the king I think you are doing a great job as well." Davina agreed.

"But it is you they all look up to." Seamus reminded her confidently.

"Aegon was born to lead." Davina countered.

"Its that powerful woman he had leading him gently towards his goals." Seamus informed her.

"They are happy right?"

"There is peace in the kingdoms. There is love in the castle. Your children and grandchildren have never nor will ever see such peace and happiness in their life without you." Seamus offered. "You are the perfect queen. I wouldnt lie to you."

"You always know what to say." Davina told him softly.

"So does Fury.'' Seamus mused.

"He didn't kill Otto." Davina hissed. "Otto resigned and went back to Old town."

"Sure. Sure.'

"I swear!" Davina declared. "Honest you think the worst of me." Davina mused. 

"Fury had fun with Rhaenys." Seamus added.