Chapter 38

Everlina

I had been here for Five hours and my magic exhausted and my babies had siphoned Lyra's magic, but still, I was unable to deliver them. I was tired and this was painful,”Everlina you need to push please?” I heard Larissa's voice far as I felt myself falling in and out of sleep. This was bad as I could lose the babies.

“Lyra, you already gave her enough of your magic. I heard Daniel begging Lyra to stop.

“There's not much time, if she falls into sleep she will lose those babies.” Mariah's words had my heart racing and I could feel my tears rolling down.

“I'll do it” I could no longer recognize them as my vision blurred. I shut my eyes and I felt Aaron beside me holding my hand and how I missed his being here, right now, I needed him here, so my consciousness cold out to him and created an illusion of him. So, I knew too well this wasn't real, and he wasn't here.

“Eve, please take the energy of my wolf to give you strength.” I held his hand and the energy immediately flowed through me, and it has awoken me, I pushed with every bit of energy left in me.

“That's it, Eve, you are doing good.” I felt the babies leave my body. As I opened my eyes, I saw bits of a face, but it wasn't the face I wanted to see. It was Mason who sat there, looking pale, and he smiled before he fell to the ground.

I could hear my babies cry, and I was weak to sit up.” where are my babies…" the room fell to whispers and gasps.

“Give…babies” Larissa came to sit beside me to carry two wolf cubs with tears in her eyes. “ This wasn't supposed to happen.” she said as she showed them to me, she had wrapped them in a white blanket. I put out my hands out to her to give me my babies, she placed them in my arms.

Lyra could not stop crying, Daniel held her as he himself felt too emotional.
“They should have not been born in wolf form, as the shift would kill them.” Eric spoke looking at my babies,
I did not believe, and I was not going to believe that as I needed to believe this wasn't a curse.

“Will Mason be okay?” I needed to distract myself. I had to think about something apart from the curse.

“Lina, did you hear him they won't be able to live long.” Lyra shook me and I was getting angry.

“My babies will not die, and you all stop crying, they can pick up on your emotions.” I suddenly fell alive again. I realized my babies heal, but it was her, she was a healer. She licked my skin, making all the damaged magic reborn.

“Eric, bring Mason here.” I needed him here as I finally understood what had happened here. Gideon and Gale entered the room all happy, but their happiness was short-lived as they looked at my babies.

“Moon Goddess curses us today!” Gideon spoke, Gale placed a hand on his shoulder, both of them stood there all sad and fearing to come near me. Larissa takes one of my pups in her arms, and she brushes his furs and smiles as she licks her hand. Gideon also joins in playing with his ears.

Mason walks in looking weak, and I feel guilty as I used his energy.
“You asked for me, Everlina?" He was pretending to be okay, but I knew he wasn't okay.

“I did, I want to you to carry my babies as they were born with the spirit of a wolf instead of magic.” he looked confused as he looked at the babies, and he too was shocked.