Chapter 43

Everlina

The witches were weakened by us and Nora stood there defeated. I knew she left me behind, and I had someone to pick up the broken pieces, my grandmother was there for me, but Reyna must have been truly alone.
I needed to know why and maybe parts of me had known, but it wasn't enough for me to accept it.

“you two were not supposed to be together, this is really bad.”Nora was holding her head and Reyna stood next to me.

“why not, Nora, do you even see your mistake in this?”I needed to hear it from her, and Aaron came to me and held my hand.

“Did you not see what just happened with just a touch of your hands? Tell me that you are worried that your friends lay here weak because of you?” I honestly did not feel anything right now, all I felt was anger towards Nora and I did not care about the damage I had just done.

“she may be your sister, but she's dark and you're pure, but together you will become dangerous to your kind, and you know what happens to forbidden magic.”Reyna had figured out who Nora was to her, and she was fuming.

“ I have a name, and It's Reyna, my Father gave it to me, so please show me the same respect you show Everlina."Nora was sweating,

“that's not possible your father never gave you that name, I did. And your father is no more with the living.” I felt a lump in my chest as I looked at Nora and why did her words hurt and all this time she hid all this from me.

“I just wanted to confirm you are my mother, and you just did.” she built the magic field again, and she was feeding of Nora's soul, I jumped to stop her but with my touch, it grew stronger

“Sia do something, they are killing her.”Nora's paired witches tried to break the trance, but it was too strong, pulling them in too. Aaron shifted into his wolf and let out a howl that put off the magic. We fell to the ground, but Reyna passed out.

“Eric lock her up.” it was Gideon who spoke and Eric carried Reyna.
“We need to return Reyna to Helium.” Nora surprised me as she never felt no remorse for her action.

“Has she not suffered enough?"she got up, looking at Aaron and Gideon.
“Nora stop all this, try to make peace with your children.” Larissa spoke, Gideon touched her hand.”Give your daughters a chance and put this behind you.” she was considering it, but I did not need her, Reyna did.

“she's the bad one.” I simply did not understand what she implied.

“There is no such thing as bad people, Nora. We are all just people who sometimes do bad things. Reyna is no different from us all, in my time in Helium she fought by my side against monsters, and she can tell what's right.”if there was light in me, I could find the balance between us, and together we could control this.

“I will leave here but remember I warned you all…" Nora looked at me for a moment as she started moving away from us.

She, too, hid her demons and I knew we would never be a normal family because there were too many secrets, and it was painful when we were together, I did not even know how to feel around her and she leaving would give us peace. I could get to know Reyna better, but I needed her out of that holding cell.

I stood by the nursery room door watching Aaron with the twins, he was really loving and caring, he was soft and protective.”They are tired and finally falling into sleep.” he smiles , looking at me, I walked in and picked Asher up, and I placed a kiss on his forehead. “His got your eyes.”I smiled, looking at Aaron and held my hand.
“yeah his my son.” I placed a finger in his tiny hand, and he pulled at it.

“His magic is dark, Aaron and am scared because I don't know what this means for him or will I be able to protect him.”
He stared at him before squeezing my hand in his.

“together we will protect him, Reyna has it too, but she can control . We just need to find a way to teach him control.” we needed to test Reyna if she was, in fact, able to control it as this was not Helium but Earth.

“He bares a wolf, so it's not going to be easy as we would not know what to expect.”Aaron put Aria in her cot as she was asleep and took Asher from me.

“There will always be a solution Eve and I will find it, just trust me.” His eyes glowed sliver instead of gold. I watched him rocking Asher to sleep.

“how we're you able to do that earlier on?”he looked at me confused.
“what?”

“you howled, and the magic barrier broke, and I felt you in my mind like you contacted us.” He looked at before putting Asher beside his sister.

“some how you and your pair of witches are part of the pack and as Alpha king I can stop your magic just like how I can command any wolf to shift.” He returned more powerful, I admired him.

He picked me up in his arms and moved towards the bedroom. He kissed me and placed me on our bed.” join me in the shower, Eve.” I simple unbuttoned my dressed and yes, this was going to be a steamy shower.

➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➿➰

Hey guys please don't forget to vote for your favourite chapter.

Thank you 🙂🙃