chapter 6

Evelina

Everyone remained seated in this long table where we waited for my coven to be brought forth, and I was praying that nothing goes wrong and if this is my fate everything will happen as it should.

The three witches walked in Lyra, Sia and Clara my paired to witches in our coven. Lyra could manipulate wind and could change the weather making rain, flood or causing storms as for Sia her power was that she could control people's mind she could push you into killing yourself or someone and Clara willed the power of water and yes, she could kill you with just a drop of water.
I had no idea what my power was, mostly I did spells and curses, that was all. They would have ruin this place if it wasn't sealed of magic, their powers was rather useless here.

Gideon broke my thoughts as he spoke," I would want to know what business you have in my land witches” he was testing them wanting to know if they knew me something wasn't quite right!

Lyra stood up as she is tall and she is really tall, her midnight black hair hung over her shoulders, “That's rhetorical, you have one of ours sitting next to that beast.” She pointed at me, and my face held the pain that would break her once met with the truth.

“That is Everlina and that beast you were referred to is her mate my son Aaron.” I could see the amusement that Gideon held at the situation, making me shift uncomfortably in my seat.

There were whispers in the room, everyone held their opinion to whatever they thought my relationship to Aaron was.

“It is true, then? The rumor out on the streets is true?” Clara's eyes were bristled with fear, all emotions displayed for me to see as her green eyes locked on mine for a moment.

“We are the only ones who know about this, so how could that be?" It was Gale who spoke, facing his brother and Aaron. This was confusing to everyone, nobody could have known except us.

“ I believe we have a spy, and I would want to know who it is that cannot be trusted in our pack.” Aaron spoke as he scanned the room looking for a member who held guilt emotions.

This was it for what I had most feared word getting out about us and people looking to kill us. The alpha's looked worried as they looked like they were having their own silent conversation.

“Leave Everlina to us as her coven we can protect her while you prepare for the war coming as already four different packs are on their way here to challenge the alpha king, it's insane in Pandora has all the warlocks and wizards want your head Everlina. “As Lyra words I stood up, my eyes wide as if I had seen a ghost.

“ My mate stays by my side and I will protect her, she will be safer here where she belongs with me.” Aaron stood next to me and I got a feeling he would do damage to those who tried to separate us but I strongly feared him for being so possesive and I would not allow myself to be controlled or used again by any men

Suddenly, I heard voices in my head I couldn't make out what was being said, but I finally caught on the last word that was 'Lunerah' the voice was getting  clear 'our fight is your fight Lunerah'. My attention shifted in the room as everyone was Suddenly arguing, weighing their chance to fight this war, to give it up.

“SILENCE!!!” Alpha Gideon spoke, breaking the chaos that was beginning to fall upon the room.” My people I want you to accept Evelina as my son's mate as they did not choose this fate, all we can do now is protect her as we protect our own. War is coming to us, and we need to be ready.”

“If it's war they want, it's war they shall get, if it's blood they need, we shall bath them in it, and we shall not fall without a fight.” Aaron slapped his chest as his beast stared us all with silver eyes. Gaining the crowd's cheers and roars.

“Our fight is your fight, we are one.” repeating the sound that roared in my head, I held my mate's hand in the air as he looked at me with admiration.
We were twisted in a dangerous fate, but I somehow felt that we weren't told the entire truth, and deep down I knew something did not make sense. I would give him a chance to prove himself and that meant I should accept whatever punishment I were to recieve.

I caught the oracle hag staring at me and the emotions of guilt and regret came from her, I never trusted her from the beginning and how she ended up here did not make any sense. I had a feeling that the spy they looked for was the oracle, but what would she gain from this?