Chapter 45

Aaron

Many things were uncertain about this night as Reyna prepared for the ceremony, Zion had been the one informing me about the Northern witches and the war they struck. These witches threaten my family my son, we could have brought this battle to them, but we knew it would not end there. More witches would come for us and soon our very own would turn on us because fear made people weak and weakness was many things, one of those things was disloyalty.

I needed assurance that removing magic from Asher would leave him unharmed, and the only person who would tell me truthfully was non other than my mate's mother, Nora. Eve hates her, so she would not agree to seek help from her again, but I was meeting her in secret. Daniel came with me, he understood my desperation right now.

“Lyra is with child.”This is why his been extra protective of her.”what congratulations, Danny.” I smacked his back and smiled these were good news, and we needed to celebrate, but with my situation right now we could not. Daniel did not look extra happy, It's as if he were worried.

“You okay Danny?, you don't look too happy.”he looked at the stars, and he stared at them. “what if our baby bears dark magic, what will happen to my pup.” He feared that his pups, like mine, they will bear dark magic.

“that won't happen.” It was Nora who spoke as she came into the light. She wore a long black clock, and it covered her from head to toe.
“how can you be so certain?" she pointed at the stars in the sky.

“They represent two beings that bear dark magic, had there been another than you would've known.”I looked at them and to me, they were mare stars in the sky. Daniel shook his head like he understood.

“Aaron I came upon your request to seem.”I nodded as I gazed upon the stars in the sky. “have you heard the news of the northern witches?” she removed the hood from her head and looked between me and Danny.

“I have heard, and I know your son will forever be fighting witches if he stays here.” she was always informed, but she did not even come to try to help her grandchild.

“in a few hours we will remove the darkness from my son.”her eyes widened in shock and I saw fear.

“so you want to know if it's safe, no it's not safe. If you fail to remove it you will kill the person who summoned the magic and your son will run mad for eternity.” I knew there was a risk to this.

“My husband tried to remove the darkness in Reyna, but he failed and Every time dark magic was used there would be a great prize to be paid." her voice was shaking, and she had replayed a tragic memory in her mind as her face looked pained.

“I can live with paying the prize of removing that darkness, Nora, but I need my son to be safe.”I wanted her to help us, and she knew that, she never responded as she stared at the distance.

“who will be the bearer of Asher's magic?”she spoke, looking at me and I knew she cared as I could see her emotions and she was a mother after all.

“Reyna.”Daniel responded as he paced back and forth.”I can't let that happen, if she takes his magic she will no longer have any part of a soul left in her as darkness will consume it completely.”
Reyna knew the risks, but she still wanted to do this and Eve had no idea about this.

“There's no time, Nora.”

“I'll be the one to do it, I don't wish harm to any of my daughters. They may hate me now, but I did what did for a reason.” Eve hated her, but I knew deep down she yawned for a mother's love, there was a possibility of love between the three of them.

We tracked back home, and we were running a little late. Daniel looked better without the stress of worrying about his unborn child, and I was happy for him, becoming a dad is one of the most wonderful things. Nora looked nervous, and I knew this night held plenty of uncertainties.

“Aaron…. At first, I doubted you and I did not know this before and I have come to understand now.” Nora was speaking, but I had no idea what she spoke about, she stopped walking and looked at me.

“You love my daughter and I now can trust to you to keep her safe and happy.” she smiled I saw her the true her, and she had accepted me and my heart was joyed with her words.

“it is my duty as her mate.”Daniel winked at me as we started walking again.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Hey guys!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Please don't forget to vote and comment.
Thank you💙💙💙