Woomy #23: Talk

A gentle breeze swept through, rustling the bushes and trees around them. Leaves would end up falling as well, slowly gliding alongside the wind currents. It was enough to lightly make the pair's tentacles flap. The grass underneath them seemed to be a little cold to the touch as a result of the temperature outside, which Nagi found refreshing, especially after running around out of worry in search of Nova.

No words were exchanged in the moment, which made the tension all the more uncomfortable. Both 3 and 8 were just sitting in silence, unsure how to approach the current situation. What should be said first? What should they do? Nagi's heart began racing, and unbeknownst to her, Nova's would be too.

Her hands clutched together over her knees, and slowly peered over to Nova. His head was slightly turned in the opposite direction of her, hiding the majority of his face even in the moonlight. It raised concern within the inkling.

"N-Nova, are you upset with me...?"

Her tone was gentle. 3's voice seemed to have a soothing effect to it, making Nova's tense body relax a bit. "A little bit.." 8 whispered, still facing away from 3. He wanted to turn around to meet Nagi's orange eyes again, but couldn't, no matter how much he wanted to. Nova's heart was already thumping loudly, but didn't know if he should acknowledge the things he wanted to. Why did he feel so nervous right now? Nagi is his closest friend, they've been living together for awhile now, so why was it so difficult to talk right now?

Was he upset over their plans falling through?

Or is there another reason?

Could it be he was just jealous of the fact that Nagi was going out with Draco?

Nagi's laughter resonated within his mind again.

Is it because he had no idea how to deal with these types of emotions?

Nova couldn't remember a time before where he felt intense envy towards someone, but couldn't remember a time he had fallen for someone before. So how was he supposed to know how to deal with these conflicting feelings, besides talking about them. However, while he trusted Parker with these types of things, something inside him made 8 gravitate towards 3 with these feelings instead. Nova preferred to hear what she had to say about it instead, but knew that it would be awkward as his feelings for the inkling would be released from the box he kept them in for her to see.

Nova knew that he loved her. He just couldn't stand the thought of getting in the way of their relationship despite his feelings.

"I'm sorry..." Nagi whispered, her orange eyes staring mindlessly into the glistening lake. "I'm sorry I overrode our plans, I swear it wasn't intentional."

Nagi's head whipped around alongside her lime tentacles, hoping to meet 8's eyes. She truly felt sorry for the whole situation she had caused as a result of forgetting the initial request. So much so, she literally abandoned the date she had gone on to find him."Can my eyes stop..?" Nagi thought to herself, wiping whatever tears that seemed to want to form.

Nova did not turn around to look at the inkling. 8 felt bad hearing her apology with a sympathetic feeling welling up inside him, and based on her shaky voice, Nova knew she truly meant it. But deep down, he also knew that technically she shouldn't need to apologize.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize," 8 responded gently. To 3, there didn't seem to be a hint of anger or resentment of any sort, which she was happy to note.

"But I..I didn't even acknowledge it, I just went through with this date..."

Nagi's orange eyes would continue staring at the grass, remembering the moment where he had asked about seeing the film. As her mind went on, the memory unfolded more and more, from his chuckle to her asking if they worked that Friday, to her excessive yawning and eyes closing. "Let's go," Her words had repeated inside her head, answering Nova's request at the time.