Woomy #30: 2platfest

*A.N. Quick note: This 'remix' goes HARD. Definitely recommend headphones.*

~December 17th, Sunday Morning~

Nagi's eyes slowly opened. There, another pair of eyes would be facing her, making the inkling's heart accelerate suddenly as it caught her by surprise. However, 3 was able to relax almost instantly, realizing that it was only the giant octopus Nova had won for her the night before. Briefly snuggling into it for just a bit longer, 3's smile widened. Though even this quickly diminished after the soreness of her body had suddenly hit.

A lot of her body, especially the muscles in her legs, ached. Most likely from all the walking and battling the pair had done the day before. After all, they were already running their practice matches before the Splatfest had officially started, and on top of the actual battling that occured, it turned out to be a bit much for Nagi. Her body already struggled to recover from the long, and sometimes grueling, shifts through the Squidbeak Splatoon, so with the added activities the lime haired inkling wasn't particularly conditioned with, it finally took its toll.

"Everything...aches," Nagi thought to herself, attempting to sit up on her bed. The octo plush lightly rolled to her side. Taking a second glance at the plush with the natural sunlight spilling through her window blinds, Nagi couldn't help but think about the time she had spent with 8. The quality of the plush was pretty good too surprisingly, and incredibly soft to the touch. A tired yet amused giggle slipped through Agent 3's lips, and almost instantly forgot the soreness in her legs.

~

"So, how did you sleep?" Nova questioned with a just as tired smile. A fork with a piece waffle drowned in syrup was slowly lifted up to his mouth. "Cause I know that I slept like a baby."

"Yeah, I knocked out almost instantly as well," Nagi responded, staring at his plate of unfrozen frozen waffles. "You put way too much syrup. No wonder we run out of it so often."

The octoling's ears seemed to redden at Nagi's words, and couldn't fight back the urge to chuckle, "I like sweet things you know."

Just like the day before, while both 8 and 3 didn't wake up necessarily early this time, they were still awoken by the thumping of the music outside. It didn't seem as loud as yesterday, but it was still just enough to wake anyone up anywhere nearby. "I wonder how well the inkling's near Inkopolis Square even sleep..." Nagi murmured to herself, as both she and Nova looked out of the living room window form her kitchen. "I can just barely sleep through this even though we're somewhat distant from the actual square. Imagine being near it?"

Nova, who nodded along, responded with a yawn, "Mm. I mean I woke up from excitement yesterday morning, it's a little bit of the same reason for today, but to be honest, I'm feeling kinda sore today."

The inkling, surprised to hear the same thing she had been feeling, turned to face him. With a smile that developed as she turned her attention back to her food, she too nodded along.

Despite the heaters being turned up within the apartment, it still felt rather cold. Even more than last night. A quick double check on Nagi's weather app confirmed that it was, in fact, colder than yesterday.

Perhaps it was this realization on how cold it was, or the combination of that with the aching of her body, but 3 was suddenly washed over with a feeling of demoralization. It wasn't that Nagi didn't want to make the most of this time, especially since it was in fact Nova's first Splatfest. However, walking around Inkopolis in this climate didn't sound like the most enjoyable thing at the moment. Yes, the music could still be heard from within the apartment complex, but Nagi wouldn't pay it no mind, especially since the Splatfest itself would end this very same day.