Chapter 29

Here we are. Standing in front of the building that changed me a year ago, and will change me forever.

Never reach the sky's future depends on the next few hours.

All 4 of us hold each others hands, look at each other, take a deep breath, then walk towards the building.

Dom and the others are in the studio while we are meeting with management.

We walk in and someone leads us to the meeting/practice combination type of room.

We all sit down at the table and start the meeting.

"So first things first. What's your names and what's name you guys decided on for the band?" The big boss asks.

"I'm Nicole obviously" I say and chuckle.
"I'm River Owens, her brother" River says.
"I'm Scarlett Evans" Scarlet says with a smile.
"And I'm Tessa Carter" Tess says.

A few people write things down then look back up at us.

"And the band name we decided on is . . . Never reach the sky" I say then smile.

We all hold each others hands under the table waiting for someone to say something.

"Okay excellent. Now as you know we asked you to prepare 3 songs to present to us. Then after you play we'll talk in private for a few minutes then call you back in to talk further. Okay?" I lady says as she crosses her legs.

We all nod and agree. They have an assistant lead us to the area they want us to play. They all gather onto couches and chairs in the room while we all get situated.

"Go ahead whenever you're ready" the same woman says.
We all look at each other and take a deep breath then start.

After about 15 minutes they have us wait in the hallway outside of the room. We all stand there nervously as I pace back and fourth anxiously and River is texting on his phone really fast.

Finally after about 20 minutes of anxiousness they bring us back in and we sit back down. We all hold hands under the table again.

"As you can imagine. We were a little shocked with the stunt you pulled the last day of tour . . . "
We all squeeze each others hands under the table.

". . . But we liked it. And those songs made us love your ideas even more. We have a studio open Next to Doms. I'm sure you guys have more written so get into the studio and record some songs. You guys have a first album to release" they say with a smile.

"Thank you so much. You won't regret this" I say with a huge smile.

"We know we won't. But that first song you played for us a moment ago was very very good. What's that song about?" One of them asks.

"It's about our experience on tour." I say with a smile.
"Ohhh okay. And what about the second one?"

"The second one is about homophobia. Me and River wrote it together" I say.
"Can we get a little more information behind that one?" They ask.
"Well . . ." I look at River. River looks at me then back at the others.
"Our parents were very homophobic growing up. So we are very familiar with homophobia. I came out at a very young and that's when our dad began using homophobic terms towards us. After I came out Nicole was too scared to even explore her sexuality more. Now that our parents are out of our life she is just recently exploring more" River says then takes a very deep breath.

"We love the connection you four really seem to have. Especially you and your sister. It's not everyday you see or hear two siblings making music together with friends" a lady says to River.