Chapter 45

After our long ass flight we land and get out of that airport ASAP cause it is PACKED. When we get out my mom pulls up a few minutes later.

She hugs us and helps us get our bags in the car.

"Bro I'm starving. Can we get food?" River asks.

My mom looks at him with a disgusted look.
"I am your mom, never call me bro again" she says and starts driving. We both start laughing.

"It's 7am. No place is open. Make a pizza at the house" my mom says.
River drops his jaw.
"But mommy!" He says.
"Yooo Jack in the box" he says.

"Yesssss. The baby in my tummy wants Jack in the box" I say and laugh.
She sighs and snickers then looks at us. "I hate you kids sometimes" she says then laughs as she starts driving to a Jack in the box.

"Nicole, did you tell Dom about Ryan?" She asks me.
"What about him?" I ask as I eat my fries as soon as they are handed to me.

"About how intense your history was?" She asks.
"Oh it was intense alright. He took my vCard" I say and then laugh.

She chuckles "no, not just that. I mean . . . EVERYTHING" she says, emphasizing the everything.
"I don't know what you mean" I say.

"Nicole. You fuck him everytime you see each other when it's not in public. It's different now that you're engaged. In high school, y'all were together all 4 years so it was whatever. Through college, whatever, didn't keep a relationship during college anyways. First few months after college, get it Hunny you deserve it. But NOW, you're in huge trouble if you fuck him." River says to me.

"Please don't fuck up Nicole. You got lucky with Tess." My mom says.

"I'm not going to this time. I have my life together, now I'm just adding on the finishing touches to my puzzle ya know? Don't get me wrong, every time I'm with Ryan I feel an intense passion build up really fast. But with Dom there's always intense passion rather I'm with him or not. Dom is the love of my life." I tell them.

"Good. So what's the plan for the day?" My mom asks.

"I'm going to ask Ryan if I can pick Aubrey up from school. Then after that I'm going to take her to Ryan's so she can get what she needs for the weekend and then bring her to our house. For dinner, whatever I make we're all going to sit at the table and catch up and stuff. I'm honestly just really excited to be able to see her again. I'll be able to see her way more now" I say with a huge smile.

"I'm so glad you're excited baby" my mom says.

Once we get to the house I take a little nap on the couch. After my nap which was about 2 hours long I get up and get the stuff I bought for Aubrey yesterday. After that I text Ryan and ask him if he's home and he says yes so I let him know I'll be coming by soon.

He lives in my old neighborhood so it's not that far.
I get in the car and start driving. I play an array of music until about 30 minutes later I arrive at Ryan's.

I let him know I'm outside then I grab the bag and my purse and get out. I walk up to the porch and knock on the door. A few seconds later he opens it.

"Hi Nic" He says with a big smile.
"Hey" I say then smile back.

He invites me in and we go over to their dining room table.
"In the bag is her leotards and a few other things that she asked for. Inside is an envelope with two checks, one for dance and one for gymnastics. If she needs anything else just let me know and me and her can get it this weekend" I tell him.

"Alright sounds good. She has gymnastics Saturday so please don't forget to take her. I'll give you back the check for gymnastics so you can bring it Saturday. She's been getting cramps so you'll have to go to the store incase she gets it this weekend." He says.