The simply things

POV: Daryl pats your head after you save a little boy.

"Y/N! Over here!" Daryl shouted, his voice cutting through the chaos like a knife. Y/N searched the rubble for the source of the voice, digging through the debris with her bare hands. Suddenly, she spotted a small figure trapped beneath a fallen beam.

Quickly, she rushed over to the spot, not stopping to think about the dangers that lay ahead. Y/N began to dig frantically, ignoring the cuts and scrapes that adorned her skin. The world seemed to fall away as she concentrated on her task, determined to free the young boy beneath the rubble.

Finally, after what felt like hours, Y/N managed to free the small figure. He was dirty and scared, but he was alive. Y/N held him closer to her chest, tears streaming down both their faces.

As they emerged from the ruins, Daryl was there waiting for them, a small smile playing on his lips. "Well done Y/N," he said, patting her on the back and taking the boy from her arms. "You saved him."

Y/N felt a rush of pride and a deep sense of gratitude at the praise from Daryl. She had always admired Daryl's strength and resilience, and to have him acknowledge her like this meant everything to her. "Thanks," she said, her voice thick with emotion. "I just did what I had to."

Daryl nodded, his eyes softening as he looked at Y/N. "You did good, real good." The words were sincere, and Y/N felt a warmth in her chest as she realized that Daryl appreciated her as much as she appreciated him.