My girl

POV: Daryl makes fun of you for falling over.

Y/N being her clumsy self didn't see the tree root that was sticking out of the ground while the group was walking through the woods, losing her footing once her foot made contact with the root. she was sent tumbling to the ground. Landing with a thud, her face flushing with embarrassment.

Daryl who was near emerged from the trees with a smirk plastered on his face. "You ok there butterfingers?" he teased, extending a hand out to help her up.

Y/N scowled at him not finding it funny one bit, brushing off her pants, "shut up" she muttered still hearing him chuckling.

Once she looked up she could see his eyes crinkling with amusement. "Aw, don't be like that" he said smiling "I've fallen on my ass more times then I can count.

Y/N rolled her eyes scanning the woods making sure no one else had seen her fall, and once she picked up her bag, she continued walking with Daryl behind her.

"Where's everyone else?" she questioned. "There up ahead" he answered kicking a rock that hit the back of Y/N boot, "why are you all the way back here then?" she asked knowing Daryl was usually Infront with Rick.

"Was looking out for my girl" he said, his voice serious as his eyes scanned the woods for any signs of danger.

Y/N felt her face warming up as they finally caught up to the group.