Savior

POV: Daryl hugging you when you're upset.

Y/N was currently stumbling through the woods, tears streaming down her face as she had just had a fight with her father, she felt like the weight of the world was on her shoulders especially after just losing her older brother.

To busy crying Y/N let her guard down not hearing Daryl who was hunting near by.

He spotted her once he lifted his head up from picking up a fresh kill, instantly he knew that something was wrong, he rushed over to her seeing Y/N raw face.

"What's going on?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

Although Y/N was surprised Daryl just come out of thin air she was unable to speak through her sobs. She felt like everything was falling apart, like she was completely alone in this messed up world.

Daryl didn't say anything else wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. Y/N felt the warmth of his embrace and for a moment she let herself cry, her tears soaking his shirt.

Daryl held her shanking frame for what felt like hours, his strong arms never flattering. He knew that he couldn't fix everything but he could be there for her. He could hold her forever if needed.

When Y/N finally stopped crying, Daryl pulled back, his eyes searching hers, "you ok?" he asked, voice soft.

Y/N nodded, feeling a sense of gratitude that she couldn't put into words. She knew Daryl wasn't one for feelings and yet he came over when she needed someone.

"Thank you" was all she could say as he guided them back to camp. The world was a dark place although for Y/N she knew she wasn't alone. She had Daryl and that was enough.