Safe in his arms

POV: Daryl comforts you after you have a nightmare.

Y/n awoke abruptly from her sleep, her heart pounding in her chest. The room around her was shrouded in darkness, and she could hear the faint sound of her breath hitting the cold air. She had been having another nightmare, one that left her feeling scared and alone.

She sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes as she tried to shake off the lingering fear. Her gaze fell on Daryl, who was asleep in his bed across from hers. For a moment, she was thankful for his presence, but the nightmare still gripped her tightly.

She knew that she needed someone to comfort her, to tell her that everything was going to be okay. Carefully, she climbed out of bed and made her way over to Daryl. He stirred slightly as she shook him gently, the warmth of his skin reaching out to her through the darkness.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" he asked sleepily, opening his eyes to look up at her. "I had a nightmare," she whispered, her voice quivering slightly. "Daryl, it was so real... I thought everyone was dead."

Daryl sat up with a start, his face twisting into a look of concern. "Hey, come here," he said, holding out his arms to draw her closer. She stumbled over, climbing into his bed with a soft sigh.

He pulled her close and held her close to him, his chest rising and falling with each breath. "It's okay," he whispered, "See, you're safe with me."

The warmth of his arms and the comfort of his presence immediately began to ease the fear that had been gripping her. She felt herself relax into his embrace, finally able to let go of the nightmare and find some peace.

Before long, she was fast asleep again, this time without any more nightmares to plague her exhausted mind. She felt grateful that Daryl was there to comfort her and provide the reassurance she needed. He had always been there for her, and she knew she could count on him no matter what.