Knife to last

POV: Daryl finds a knife and carves your initials + D into the handle and gifts it to you to show your friendship.

 Daryl watched as Y/N admired the knife he had just given her, a small smile playing at the corners of her mouth. He had found the knife while out on a run, and he had spent hours carving their initials into the handle.

"I know it's not much," he said, his voice gruff. "But I wanted to give you something to show how much our friendship means to me."

Y/N looked up at him, her eyes shining with gratitude. "Thank you," she said, her voice soft. "It's beautiful."

Daryl felt a warmth spread through his chest at her words, and he knew that he had made the right decision. She was more than just a friend to him; she was family.

"I know we've been through a lot together," he said, his voice low. "But I want you to know that I'm always here for you."

Y/N nodded, her eyes meeting his. "I know," she said, her voice sincere. "And I'm always here for you too."

Daryl felt a surge of emotion as he looked at her, and he knew that he would do anything to keep her safe and he would do whatever it took to protect her.

Together, they would face the challenges of the apocalypse, one day at a time. And with their friendship as strong as ever, they knew that they could make it through anything.