Not so secret

POV: You tell Carol you like Daryl and he overhears the conversation.

Y/N  had been feeling nervous about telling Carol her secret. She had never been good at keeping things to herself, and she knew that she needed to get it off her chest before it consumed her.

So when she saw Carol sitting by herself, she took a deep breath and walked over to her.

"Hey," she said, her voice shaking slightly. "Can we talk?"

Carol looked up, her eyes kind and understanding. "Of course," she said. "What's on your mind?"

Y/N hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to begin. But then she took a deep breath and spoke.

"I like Daryl," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I know it's stupid, but I can't help it. He's just...different from anyone I've ever met."

Carol smiled, her eyes softening. "I know what you mean," she said. "Daryl is a special guy. But have you told him how you feel?"

Y/N shook her head. "No," she said. "I don't even know if he feels the same way. And even if he did, I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of relationship."

Carol nodded, her eyes understanding. "I get it," she said. "But you'll never know unless you try. And who knows? Maybe he feels the same way."

Just then, they heard footsteps approaching. Y/N turned around, her heart pounding in her chest, she saw Daryl walking towards them with a look of confusion on his face.

"Hey," he said, his voice low. "What are you guys talking about?" Y/N felt her face flush with embarrassment. She had never wanted Daryl to find out this way.

But then she saw the look in his eyes, and she knew that everything was going to be okay.

"I was just telling Carol that I like you," she said, her voice steady. "I know it's silly, but I couldn't keep it to myself anymore."

Daryl's eyes widened, and then a smile spread across his face. "You like me?" he said, his voice filled with wonder. "I like you too, Y/N. I have for a long time, just didn't know how to tell ya."

Y/N felt her heart skip a beat as she looked into his eyes. She had never felt so happy, so alive.

Y/N watched as Carol stood up and walk away with a smile on her face, and then she turned around to face Daryl who leaned in towards her. Their lips met in a sweet, tender kiss. It was a moment that she would never forget.