Broken

POV: You get shot and Daryl can't save you.

Daryl watched in horror as the Governor's bullet hit Y/N square in the chest. It was a direct hit, and he knew immediately that it was fatal.

He rushed to her side, his heart pounding in his chest. He could see the life draining from her eyes, and he knew that there was nothing he could do to save her.

He took her hand in his, trying to comfort her as best he could. But he could tell that she was already slipping away.

Y/N looked up at him, her eyes filled with pain and sadness. "I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice barely audible. "I'm so sorry."

Daryl shook his head, tears streaming down his face. "Don't be sorry," he said, his voice choked with emotion. "You did everything you could. You fought until the end."

Y/N smiled weakly, her hand slipping from his grasp. "Take care of Avalon," she said, her voice barely a whisper. "Promise me you'll take care of her."

Daryl nodded, his heart breaking. "I promise," he said, his voice barely audible.

Y/N closed her eyes, her breathing slowing. Daryl watched in silence as she took her last breath, her body going limp in his arms.

He held her for a moment longer, his heart filled with grief and sorrow. He knew that he would never forget her, and that he would always carry her memory with him.

But he also knew that he had to be strong for Avalon. She was all he had left, and he would do everything in his power to protect her and keep her safe.