Holy grail

POV: Daryl let's you hold his crossbow.

Y/N has always been fascinated by Daryl's crossbow. She had watched him use it countless times to take down walkers and protect the group, and she couldn't help wanting to touch it as it seemed as precious as gold.

One day, they were out on a supply run and over the past few weeks Daryl noticed how Y/N was eyeing his crossbow, out of nowhere Daryl turned to her and held out his child. "Here," he said "you can hold it if you want."

Her eyes widened with surprise, she had never expected Daryl to let her touch his prize weapon, let alone hold it. "Are you sure?" she questioned her voice above a whisper.

He nodded, "I trust you enough," he said with a small smile. Y/N took the crossbow gingerly, hands shaking with excitement. She couldn't believe that she was holding Daryl Dixon's weapon, the same one that had helped keep them all alive in this horrible world.

They continued their supply run, Y/N held the crossbow close, her heart pounding in her chest. She knew that Daryl trusted her, but she wasn't sure if she trusted herself.

When they returned to their camp, Y/N handed the crossbow back to Daryl. Her eyes shining with gratitude and thankful she hadn't dropped it.

"Maybe next time I'll teach ya how to use it," he spoke before walking away, leaving her frozen in her spot.