Prank gone wrong

POV: Merle playing a prank on you.

Y/N had always been wary of Merle, with his rough demeanor and his tendency to play pranks on the other members of the group. So when he suggested that they all go on a supply run together, she was hesitant to agree.

But Daryl convinced her that it would be safe, and so they set out into the abandoned city, searching for food.

As they were walking down a deserted street, Merle suddenly jumped out from behind a building, brandishing a fake zombie arm and making loud growling noises.

Y/N let out a yelp and went to turn the other way, but Daryl quickly caught up to her and scooped her up onto his shoulder.

"It's ok" he whispered into her ear. "Merle's just playing a prank, just don't punch him."

But Y/N was too angry to listen. She glared at Merle, who was laughing uncontrollably, and shouted, "That's not funny! You scared the hell out of me dickhead!"

Merle tried to apologize, but Y/N was having none of it. She refused to speak to him for the rest of the day, and Daryl had to carry her away on his shoulder to keep her from punching him in the face.

As they walked back to their camp, Y/N slowly began to calm down. She realized that Daryl had been there for her, as always, and that Merle's prank had been harmless in the end.

And even though she was still mad at Merle, she knew that she could count on Daryl to protect her, and his dumb brother.