I'm proud

POV: Daryl being proud of you for standing up to Andera.

Y/N thought she had been nice to everyone and a reserved person, someone who preferred to keep to herself. But today Andera had crossed a line, Y/N had finally had enough. She stood up to her, her voice strong and unwavering as she told Andera what a bad person she was.

Y/N walked away from the blonde and spotted Daryl sitting outside his tent skinning some squirrels. Daryl had actually been waiting for her and waved a hand telling her to come over.

She sat next to him "I heard what happened," he said voice low as he concentrated on what he was doing.

Y/n just nodded; her eyes downcast. "I couldn't take it anymore" she whispered wondering if he was mad. Daryl placed his squirrel down and reached out taking her hand, his grip firm and reassuring. "You did the right thing and I'm proud," he said, his voice full of pride.

Looking up at him, her eyes wide with surprise "really?" she asked, her voice tinged with disbelief. He nodded, "standing up for yourself takes courage" he smiled squeezing her hand a little.

Y/n heart was swelling with pride at his words, she knew she had done the right thing and Daryl was there to support her every step of the way.