Smile

POV: Daryl helps you tie your shoes.

Y/N had always been fiercely independent but when it came to tying her own shoes it was a struggle. She had been sitting on a nearby tree stump, trying to get her laces to cooperate when Daryl walked over seeing her struggling.

"Need a hand?" he asked, a small smile playing on his lips. Y/N looked up at him, "yea, I guess I could use some help," she answered.

Daryl knelt down in front of her, his fingers nimble as he worked the laces into place. When he finished tying the last knot, he looked up at her with soft eyes.

"You know Y/N, I don't think I've ever seen you sit still for that long," he said, a teasing glint in his eye. "I was just admiring the view" she grinned. She couldn't help but adore the man in front of her. "I'm not that much of a wild child," she chuckled.

Daryl laughed, "I don't know about that missy" he said, "but you're definitely someone who's worth keeping around.

Y/N felt her heart skip a beat, his words sending a thrill through her body, she looked at Daryl knowing he was her best friend. "Thanks for helping me out" she smiled.

Daryl stood up to his full height, offering her his hand. "Anytime, Ill always be here to take care of ya, even though you're annoying sometimes" he grinned making the teen laugh as they began to walk.