Avalon

POV: Daryl finds a baby.

Daryl had been out on a supply run, searching for food, when he heard a faint cry coming from the woods. His heart racing, he followed the sound, his crossbow at the ready.

As he pushed through the underbrush, he spotted a small bundle lying on the ground. It was a baby, no more than a few months old, wrapped in a dirty blanket.

Daryl hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do. He had never been good with kids let alone people, and the thought of taking care of a baby was daunting.

But then he heard the baby's cries again, and he knew what he had to do. He scooped up the child, cradling it in his arms, and headed back to his camp.

When he arrived, he found Y/N waiting for him. She was surprised to see him holding a baby, but she didn't ask any questions.

Daryl explained the situation, and Y/N immediately sprang into action. She found some clean clothes and a bottle, and she helped Daryl feed and care for the baby.

Over the next few days, Daryl and Y/N took care of the child, doing their best to keep it safe and healthy. They named her Avalon, and they both felt a sense of responsibility for her.

As they cared for the baby, Daryl and Y/N grew closer. They had always been friends, but now they were partners in raising a child. They worked together, sharing the duties of feeding, changing, and comforting Avalon.

Despite the challenges, they both found themselves growing attached to the baby. Avalon brought a sense of purpose and meaning to their lives, and they knew that they would do anything to protect her.

Years later, when Avalon was grown, she would look back on those early days with fondness. She would remember the kindness and love that Daryl and Y/N had shown her, and she would be grateful for the family that they had become.