Too Much - Wenclair

Wednesday sits at her desk, fingers pushing against different keys of her typewriter purposefully. Her eyebrows furrow slightly in concentration as she works on her favourite part of her novel. Describing a gruesome death. 
The raven-haired girl is so indulged in her writing that she doesn't notice the dorm room opening and shutting slowly. Nor does she hear her roommate's feet dragging across their floor until she reaches her bed. Enid falls on her bed with a soft thud, a shaky breath leaving her lips as she does. 

Wednesday's attention is caught by a series of rhythmic taps coming from her left. She glances over to her desk to find Thing signing to her. She decides to ignore the appendage and goes back to her writing. Which was unsuccessful as Thing, finding it rather rude that the girl had ignored him jumps onto her typewriter, ruining the girl's page with random letters. Wednesday glares at him breathing sharply through her nose 

"You imbecile"

She says through gritted teeth. Thing flips her off before signing again

"Enid is upset"

Wednesday rolls her eyes at him

"That does not concern me"

She replies in a low voice

"She is your best friend! ask what's wrong"

He signs back hurriedly, his impatience showing through his movements

"I do not care, remember?"

Wednesday replies feeling herself getting angry. With one quick jump Thing finds himself on Wednesday's shoulder flicking her ear off.

"Yes you do, this is how you show her that!"

The small girl shakes her head and then halts. Was that a sob she heard? She looks down at Thing with a scowl

"Is she crying?"

She whispers. The hand rolls his eyes in his way before signing.

"I literally just said that"

"No, you said she was upset, not that she was crying. Go get me my nail gun just in case"

She orders him before throwing him off her shoulder. She hears another whimper from across the room and grits her teeth, what has she become? 

"You're disturbing my writing time, Enid"

She says before turning around to face the blonde. She immediately wishes she can take back what she says when her eyes fall on the other's face, her make-up ruined and her nose a light shade of red. 
Wednesday thinks she looks beautiful with her beautiful sky-blue eyes turning a darker shade. Blue as a winter's night, she thinks. Her favourite.
Enid looks at Wednesday her bottom lip quivering before mumbling out a barely audible "sorry" her shoulders slumping forward and her gaze falling to her feet that dangled slightly from her bed. She removes one of her hands from under her thighs and wipes her tears against her pink sweater that made Wednesday nauseous at the sight of it.

"What is the matter?"

Wednesday says as she sits up from her chair, taking her time to run her hand down her skirt to smooth the already smooth fabric. Anything to avoid the girl. She then places her hands neatly folded behind her back and waits for a response, taking a few steps closer to the girl, standing right in front of the tape that divided their room.

"Ajax broke up with me"

She sniffs. Wednesday takes another deep breath. she's not good with feelings, especially not ones over stupid boys. 

"I fail to see the problem. He never deserved someone like you"

Wednesday spits out before she can think it through. She blinks once, confused by what just happened.