About that belt (1/2) - Jemma

The cast of Wednesday sat comfortably on two couches opposite each other, waiting. The most punctual girl was missing from the bunch. Joy, Naomi and Johanna sat on one couch while Emma and Hunter sat opposite them waiting for the third member. Jenna.

The interviewer sits in between them flicking through her script as the latter talk to each other

"This is so unlike Jenna, I'm getting kind of worried"

Emma says biting the inside of her cheek.

"Can you text her?"

Hunter asks offering a warm smile seeing the other slightly agitated. The cast was aware of how easily nervous Emma gets during interviews, or in general, they knew she struggled with anxiety and all did whatever they could to help her. However, the girl was most comfortable with Hunter and Jenna when it came to these things. Especially Jenna as the girl struggled to hide her anxiety as well most of the time, which lead to them constantly checking up on each other on set or during interviews.

"Yeah I'll do that, maybe call her if she doesn't reply"

Hunter nods agreeing to the girl's plan and turns to the rest, blending into the conversation. Emma unlocks her phone and finds Jenna's contact. Her thumbs hover above the keyboard on the screen for a few seconds not knowing how to start her message. Why does she get so nervous texting this woman?

"Hey, Jens we're all here. is everything okay?? did something come up?"

She sends the messages and waits for a reply. After a few short minutes, she gets the message through Instagram. She opens it quickly, relief taking over her assuming it was Jenna. Only it wasn't. It was Nathalie.

Why would Jenna's mom be texting her? Had something happened? A traffic accident? what if the bodyguards were distracted for a split second and Jenna ended up hurt?
Emma's mind races with unpleasant thoughts. She gulps and opens the chat in dread

A small smile spreads across her face as she reads the messages coming in one after the other

"BABE I AM STUCK IN THIS GODDAMN TRAFFIC. I SHOULD BE THERE IN LIKE 10-15 MINUTES"

"MY STUPID PHONE IS DEAD I CAN'T CONTACT ANYONE🥲"

"AND I CAN'T PUT MY BELT ON MY STUPID PANTS BECAUSE I AM TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE FUCKING BUCKLE WORKS😭"

"TELL THEM I AM VERY SORRY PLEASE? BUT I WON'T BE LONG. GOD WOKE UP AND CHOSE TO GIVE ME A BAD DAY TODAY"

"I need a hug Ems🥺"

Emma turns to the rest of the group, including the interviewer and updates them about the other's situation. The interviewer suggests that they should allow Jenna to get ready after she gets here and they all agreed to head to their respective rooms and postpone the interview by an hour.
After apologizing for the millionth time in Jenna's name Emma heads to the small room. Opens the door where her full name was plastered on and plops on the couch inside before replying to each of Jenna's messages

"You scared me 🧍‍♀️ there was quite a bit of traffic this morning"

"It's fine I let them know we moved the interview so you'll have a little time to settle after all the hassle"

"I can... try and figure out the belt problem for you? 🤣 You are such a dumbass istg Jens"

"And it's fine don't worry about it just get here safe, please? I'll squish u when u get here. I promise ❤️"

Emma bites her lip as she sends her last text, she feels herself getting flustered at the idea. Jenna's love language was physical touch. She had learnt that the moment they met, she had been so nervous to meet THE Jenna Ortega. Only to have the tiny human (she was very surprised to see how much smaller the girl was compared to her) run up to her and wrap her up in a warm, enthusiastic embrace.