Mate - Wenclair

Warning: Slight physical and verbal abuse ⚠️

Enid has been walking anxiously across the room for the past 15 minutes. Fidgeting with her sweater, fingers and anything else she can get her hands on. Her side of the room, unlike usual was squeaky clean.

Wednesday walks out of their bathroom and stops next to her writing desk

"What's wrong, puppy?"

Wednesday asks flatly, her eyebrows knot in confusion for a few seconds seeing Enid's rosy cheeks. The girl looks up at her like a deer in headlights. Wednesday has been noticing this for the past month but has not yet managed to solve the mystery behind it.

On the other side, Enid was thanking the Gods that Wednesday did not have enhanced hearing and couldn't hear the way her heart was racing and the pet name. It started a month ago. After beating Tyler and transforming for the first time into her wolf Enid had felt insecure.
She eventually opened up to Wednesday, mainly because the girl threatened to put wolfsbane in her food if she didn't tell her what was going on.
Enid had been upset that the girl had seen her in her wolf form. Committing those atrocities. Wednesday had smiled for the first time in front of Enid that night. She had said that she wished she could've stayed to see her rip Tyler limb by limb. Enid shook her head aggressively as if she wanted to rid her mind of the pictures. And Wednesday understood. Enid didn't want to see herself as the monster she is meant and expected to be. Wednesday had assured her that although she might look like a killer machine when she transforms, she still wouldn't hurt a fly unless she was doing it to protect others or herself.

"really you're just a little puppy, Enid" Wednesday had said which made the other smile shyly. And from then on Wednesday had used the nickname quite a bit when it was just the two of them.

"Parents' Day"

Enid says giving her a small smile, shrugging her shoulders. She turns to her desk her eyes focusing on the small mirror. Her fingers feel the scars around her eye gently, She bites the inside of her cheek nervously

"I can't even imagine what she'll say"

Enid says turning on her heels to face Wednesday again who was only a few inches away from her. She lets out a small gasp as she didn't even hear the girl moving and looks at her. Her eyes glistened but still smiling. Wednesday huffs angrily.

"She should have nothing but praise to give to you. I will keep my nail gun close"

Wednesday says. Her voice was still flat but Enid could tell by the other's features that she was mad. Her clenched jaw and slightly furrowed eyebrows. Enid lets out a small thanks, unconsciously fixing her hair to cover the scars.

"Don't you dare"

Wednesday says stopping Enid's movement. The other lets her hand fall to her side and her head hangs. Her eyes lock with Wednesday when she feels the other girl's hand reach for her hair and gently brush it behind her ear.

"You look ravishing. Anyone who fails to see that does not deserve your time or energy."

Wednesday says before turning on her heel and walking away to her side of the room, leaving Enid stunned and speechless.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

The yard of the Nevermore Academy was quickly filled by parents. The families had a packed day ahead of them. Wednesday rolled her eyes as Morticia left a kiss on each cheek, not touching her. Pugsley crushed her ribs with a hug and Gomez did the same. After making it out alive from her family's deathly affections They walked up to her dorm as her parents wanted to see how her novel was coming and meet her roommate once again. Wednesday knew her parents had taken a liking to the blonde bubbly girl as every time they contacted her they would ask about Enid. Sometimes the girl would jump over Wednesday's bed and climb over the other girl just to say hi to them. They loved her energy.