Pride Part 2 - Wenclair

Wednesday comes out of the bathroom a few minutes later, her cheeks reddened along with her nose.
Enid has her headphones on, her tongue sticking out, eyes fixed on the colouring book resting on her lap, a rainbow of markers, pens and crayons spread around her. Wednesday takes the opportunity to observe the other girl, lost, doing something she loves. She feels her lips stretch into a thin smile and turns away.
She sits at her desk and starts to write the next chapter of her novel.
The two spend the next hour or so like this, Enid humming to the music booming in her ears, whining when she accidentally colours out of line. And Wednesday writes, sipping her steaming hot cup of coffee from time to time. Her bulky boots tapping the ground rhythmically as she thought of her next sentence.

The dorm grew darker as the clock ticked by, Enid made her way to the bathroom to change in her night wear. Wednesday joined her once she heard the door unlocked. It was their routine, Enid's signal that she was decent. Wednesday would join her in the bathroom each night. While Enid brushed her teeth, Wednesday unbraided and brushed her hair. While Wednesday brushed her teeth, Enid took off her make up, did her skin care routine and pulled her hair up in a small bun, sometimes two. The two then would leave to their respective beds.

"I'm gonna head to town after school tomorrow to buy wool, do you wanna tag along, maybe?"

Enid asks, her mouth filled with toothpaste, Wednesday continues to brush out her hair, sparing Enid a quick glance

"Am I required to?"

She asks calmly.
Enid spits out the toothpaste from her mouth, filling it with water instead. Shaking her head aggressively to rinse her mouth

"You know you can use ur muscles to move the water around, no need to give yourself a concussion"

Wednesday speaks, her voice flat and monotone

"No fun in that"
Enid replies eaterly

"And no your presence is not required m'lady. I just thought maybe you'd want to pick the colour and texture of the wool"

"black"

"What shade of black?"

"The blackest they own"

Wednesday fires back quickly, Enid takes a deep breath letting her head hang low as she left the bathroom

"Got it. I'll see what I can find"

Enid murmurs under her breath, ignoring thing on the counter who attempts to sign something but slips on his own moisturizer

Wednesday's brows furrow in confusion

"Am I reading this wrong or did Enid's mood suddenly shift"

Wednesday asks thing, putting down her brush and fetching her toothbrush.

"She's trying to include you and spend time with you! Why would you turn her down!"

Thing signs impatiently, if a hand could roll it's eyes, thing's own would be stuck to the back of his head... Well- if he had a head.

"No she was just ensuring that the product being created will satisfy me"

"Yes because you totally care about the texture of your snood right?! GO TELL HER YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND AND TAG ALONG WITH HER"

Thing said tapping loudly on the counter, Wednesday watches him with wide eyes, she takes a second to compose herself, straightening her back

"Fine, I will. But you need to get that attitude in check before I break a digit or two"

Wednesday glares before starting to brush her teeth, she finishes her routine and heads to the bedroom, Enid was looking through her wardrobs, smelling each piece of clothing she owned