the new neighbour • chaelisa

"Hey, check this out," said Jennie. "My girlfriend is moving in our neighborhood."

Chaeyoung, her housemate, was still brushing her teeth in the bathroom. "Well, that's interesting. When?"

"Tomorrow. Oh and she's going to live with her distant Thai cousin," replied Jennie, while continuing to scroll on her Instagram in bed.

Chaeyoung gargled. Once finished, she immediately went to her housemate's bedroom.

"Okay, so what's Jisoo's cousin like? Are they hot?" Hearing her girlfriend's name mentioned startled Jennie a bit. They have been dating for four years but Jennie's ears still turn red and her heart still skips a beat whenever people say anything about Jisoo and her, just like a kid when shipped with their crush.

Chaeyoung lied on her stomach on Jennie's bed while cupping her own face. She was definitely interested.

"Oh, you're down bad, aren't you?"

"I swear I'm not horny, but I guess people don't call me bold for nothing, girl," said Chaeyoung. "I think this is what young people nowadays call rizz?"

Chaeyoung was the eager to fall in love type of girl. Especially after months of being single, Chaeyoung felt the urge to date someone again, or at least the need to have a crush on someone again.

"First of all, we're still young enough to understand what rizz is, Chae. Second, that's not what rizz is. Rizz is short for charisma, basically like flirting stuff, you know? And, finally, girl? You just want to have a crush on someone again, don't you?"

"Well, you got me there, but it's not a sin," replied Chaeyoung, shrugging it off. "By the way, I'm not the horny asshole who makes plans to shoo their housemate so she can fuck." Chaeyoung gave Jennie side eyes.

Jennie rolled her eyes.

A notification sound suddenly popped from Chaeyoung's phone.

Jennie sighed and muttered, "I just sent you her instagram profile. I think she's the same age as you and like a hip hop dancer or something? I don't know. She does post a lot of modeling pics and dance covers and they're like good.. good."

With starry doe eyes, Chaeyoung immediately hugged Jennie. "Aw that's so sweet of you, girl! Thank you so much, mom!" Jennie instantly pushed the overly excited Chaeyoung away.

"Oh my god, ew! Girl, just pass me the chips from the drawer and please never call me 'mom' like ever again, okay?"

Chaeyoung nodded, then took the pack of chips from the drawer for Jennie to munch on right away. Jennie thanked her then continued on scrolling on her phone while lying on the bed, just while snacking this time. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung stalked Jennie's girlfriend's cousin.

"Oh. My. Dear. She's so fine!" Chaeyoung squealed happily. "Lalisa Manoban. And she's got such a pretty name too like it really matches her!"

Chaeyoung suddenly fell into her daydream. She was already imagining the things that would probably never come true, as she was lying down like a babygirl while she kicked the air with her feet up and down in giddy.

"Wait, is she like single though?" Jennie asked the important question. "I mean yeah, I can't just date people when they are..." Chaeyoung suddenly paused.

"Chaeyoung? They're what, girl?"

"...dating. Is she fucking engaged?!"

It turned out that Chaeyoung found a pretty recent picture of Lisa and a girl hugging with the comments turned off. Both of them were wearing the same diamond ring, which gave off soon-to-be-married vibes.