purple skies • chaesoo

"park chaeyoung, you're an idiot!" jisoo, the eldest of the group yelled from the living room, her haunting voice echoed through the walls. chaeyoung looked rather giggly than confused; well she's neither an actress or a good liar.

"what- what's wrong now?" chaeyoung gulped down her strawberry smoothies. she was trying to act a little confused, but instead a smirk formed on her lips. "you stole my cheesecake, didn't you?!" jisoo's instant interrogation while pointing her finger right on chaeyoung's nose, made the younger one taken aback a little.

"just for your information, your highness, i didn't know it was yours," chaeyoung said in a rather funny attitude, replying it in cursive intonation. "but that's my last piece of cheesecake- ah~" jisoo dramatically dropped down to the floor and squatted, crying out while sulking.

"babe, i know you're cute but it's just-" jisoo stomped on her feet. "no buts park chaeyoung! we. are. done! and just because we're dating, it doesn't mean you can just take my belongings without my permission!" chaeyoung just continued typing on her laptop instead of paying attention to her moody girlfriend, sipping through her red straw.

jisoo folded her arms in and walked away with big, loud steps, leaving jennie and lisa, those were watching movies, wondering. jisoo pouted and went straight into her bedroom. "silly chu, we're literally worth a million dollars and cheesecake are sold everywhere- gosh-" chaeyoung just shook her head, then continued writing song lyrics.

however chaeyoung felt a bit guilty. although jisoo was definitely overreacting and obviously exaggerating her reactions, chaeyoung knew and understood how much her favorite dessert meant to jisoo, especially new york cheesecake. this cake was so special and precious, because it was made by jisoo's best friend, nayeon.

nayeon recently started a coffee shop and bakery business somewhere in hannam. in this case, it gave busy chaeyoung an idea. chaeyoung decided to give a call to nayeon immediately since she was also close with nayeon.

///

chaeyoung tip toed to her bedroom she shared with jisoo, and as she expected the girl was half asleep with her favorite royal jelly face mask sticking from her forehead to jaws. she smiled, seeing how peaceful her girlfriend was, knowing that jisoo had been really tired recently.

jisoo was super busy because of her peak acting career, she starred in a k-drama that achieved really high percentage of views in korea, breaking the records of any tv drama before. she also had to shoot a lot of cf besides filming and have a lot of meetings & gatherings with crews, staffs and colleagues so she had way less time to spend with her girlfriend.

especially for her professional modelling career, jisoo kept on having more and more and more work. she modelled for a lot of brands, from expensive clothing to energy drinks. jisoo also had to sing as she began to debut as a solo singer, and hold her own fan meeting in a few cities abroad.

chaeyoung also had been pretty busy. composing songs for idols and soundtracks, writing a bunch of lyrics, recording in studios, and making covers for her youtube channel. she also had to model for several designer clothing brands and became hands down one of the most respected newbie models, both in the korean industry and worldwide.

so it'd been pretty long since chaeyoung and jisoo had an adorable romantic date. and that's how chaeyoung came up with the plan.

the younger one tied her ash pink hair and started walking towards jisoo, ruffling her faint purple hair. chaeyoung bent down and pecked her ear. "babe," chaeyoung whispered, calling jisoo, who just hummed out of annoyance. "get off~" jisoo said while turning to the other side of the bed.

"babe~ there's a gorilla coming to eat you," chaeyoung joked with low voice but sleepy jisoo ended up thinking it was real and got up screaming hysterically. "calm down, babe," chaeyoung said, laughing at how jisoo reacted to her words. jisoo pouted and yawned. "i hate you," she said. "no you don't," chaeyoung replied back, pinching jisoo's nose.

"let's go," chaeyoung offered. jisoo turned around to see all smiley chaeyoung. truly odd. "where?" chae jumped out of the bed and stretched. "i don't know- somewhere over the rainbow?" jisoo sighed and pinched chaeyoung's waist, until the younger one yelled in awe.

///

"i'm serious, where are we going?" jisoo held on tightly to her seatbelt, her expressions unsure and in total disbelief. "hurry up, i'm still sleepy, okay?" jisoo pleaded. chaeyoung just grinned widely. "just be quiet and listen to music, won't you? we don't have any schedule today and tomorrow so don't worry," chaeyoung answered.

"chaotic mess aren't we~" jisoo then started chanting the lyrics once she turned on the radio. "we're just different from what we used to be~" the younger one who drove just showed the spark of joy from her heart, knowing that jisoo was one of a kind and her heavenly voice soothed her so much.

"here we are." chaeyoung exhaled loudly once they arrived at the beach. a white coral sanded beach, just right before the sun went down. chaeyoung instantly set up her compact picnic table and chairs, and started arranging their dinner table. "please, sit here, my lady," chaeyoung invited jisoo to join her, letting her sit down across her.

"i'm sorry about earlier- and all my mistakes before," chaeyoung suddenly apologized. jisoo widened her eyes, never expected chaeyoung to take it that far. how unusual. "you know i was joking right? i was just acting cute and sulky and- gosh, i'm sorry-" jisoo said, thinking chaeyoung might be too burdened.

"no, honestly i had this in mind beforehand so," chaeyoung lift her shoulders. "and also to make it up, chaeyoung handed jisoo a box of cheesecake and a bottle of wine. "wow- thank you- good lord, you're the best girlfriend ever!" chaeyoung just smiled at how pure jisoo said it.

"you know how much i love you, jisoo," chaeyoung confessed. "i love you, too. so much, chae," jisoo responded, as she showed a beam of satisfaction. the two finally held hands and kissed softly, lips to lips connected, a little tongue involved to get the taste of each other, but it was pure, innocent and lovely.

the lovebirds made up under the purple sky of the dusk.

GAYS I'M IN LOVE-