the angel and the hero • chaelisa

today's a wonderful day. just as fairy tales and legends always told us, sun shining brightly as a warm starter of the spring. cold breezing winter just ended and flowers started to bloom beautifully with colorful petals all rainbow alike.

fluffy cotton clouds were decorating the clear bright light blue sky while it's day, and sprinkles of shiny silver stars made an aesthetic constellation all night along with the full moon, all welcoming spring.

and just like every other couples chaeyoung and lisa also went strolling on the park with tobi and max, leaving leo and luca in their favorite auntie jensoo's house, a heaven for cats but a hell for the bickering couple who just almost blew up chae's parents kitchen right after their first meeting on college.

chaeyoung and lisa has been girlfriends for approximately four years and chaeyoung somehow has been waiting patiently for lisa to propose to her. recently she kept on nagging lisa about sweet and adorable marriage proposals & romantic movies, and she's starting to get on her nerves for no response from the younger one.

the older one tried to be have more patience, thinking lisa might be preparing a surprise, touching proposal. but she eventually grows tired from all the teases and the way lisa didn't get all the hints she dropped for months.

like for example when they were drinking, lisa got drunk and chaeyoung (as the responsible one) thought she might just be acting to almost pass out. lisa softly called out, "chae-ah~" and chaeyoung's heart skipped a beat. but instead of finishing her drunken words, she actually passed out and left chaeyoung hanging in thoughts.

another time chaelisa was eating an expensive dinner at a elegant royal restaurant. chae even dressed up a lot, thinking she might pull out a ring or surprise her by putting it in her food or champagne. but nothing happened, even after chae ate and drank so slowly. and it really, really disappointed her until she went sulky and lisa had to cook her a box of kimchi stew for chae to not hold a grudge against her.

once lisa fell on her knee and the craving chae already got excited on her own, expecting it to be a simple, minimalistic romantic scene, but lisa just tied her shoe instead of proposing.

chae couldn't express how exhausted she was of waiting, even almost lost her faith and belief. she started to feel like she was the one who fell in love on her own while lisa was just having fun and not actually caring about her. chae suspected her to see another man or woman but she found no evidence, and most of her friends are either dating or not sexually interested at woman.

she grew overwhelmed and questioned their relationship, feeling like she was hanging on her and lisa got bored at their relationship or lisa was just trying to hold on their relationship she committed on because she felt bad for chae. but she found nothing wrong!

their romantic chemistry were still as amazing and how affectionate lisa was towards chae were as fluttering as ever. chae and lisa both enjoyed their sex, and literally like nothing was wrong from their relationship.

lisa didn't change and so did chae.

"where do you want to eat for dinner tonight?" lisa asked her girlfriend softly while stroking chae's ash brown hair. "up to you," she answered with her head lowered and her tone flat. chae really seemed sad.

"wait-" lisa's phone ringtone started to fill the atmosphere. "hello? 'sup momo," lisa greeted her friend and 'counselor', momo. lisa and momo were great friends from college ever since momo helped her out to communicate with people the first time she made it to seoul.

what's funny is lisa brought heechul, momo's boyfriend currently, to momo and momo brought chae to lisa. lisa, who's younger than momo, met her on the first day of college and they got along with their similar personality, and chae? at first she was just the bridge or the translator for both momo and lisa but as time passes by they fall for each other instead and momo got pretty much left out.

momo on the other hand, was helped by lisa's father's factory manager and right hand man, heechul, because lisa felt bad after dating chae and making her a third wheel on their hang outs, to train before competing on a business invention contest. they got closer by time and got married a year after momo's graduation because of their huge age gap.

"momo invited us to drink tonight," lisa said after momo ended the call. chae just responded with a despirited nod. "heechul won't join us." chae just sighed as a sign of 'whatever'. lisa stared at her weird behavior for a while and decided to buy her cotton candies instead of playing along to avoid fights and arguments that might cause fatal harm towards their sensitive relationship.

that night chae and lisa really came to heechul and momo's house. chae, who didn't actually like the situation, gave an attitude that was so much unlikeable. at first their gathering was just warm and no bad things were involved.

but suddenly emotional half drunk chae came out, and it was unusual since even though chae was a light drinker she knew her limits and became the responsible one. that time chae decided to down a whole bottle of soju right away at once.

lisa, somehow, stayed sober and watched over her actions. momo passed out already after chae kept on pointing out her overweight body and fatty arms due to her first pregnancy that failed some months ago. luckily momo already passed out right after chae offended her with such vicious words.

"that's enough for today park chaeyoung, we're going home." lisa sounded all discipline and 'meanie' as she carried chae to her car parked outside momo's house, leaving her to heechul who just arrived home right after chae hastily 'joked' on her.

"i want- fried chi- chicken cheetos," chae kept on burping in between her words. lisa didn't answer. "lisa meanie won't- buy me one?" chae sighed and sulked, leaning on the car's seat while folding her arms.

the younger one took that as an opportunity. and to reveal the truth, lisa never really stopped observing chae. she knew definitely that chae was craving for a marriage proposal already and she understood all the hints chae has been giving. she was just hiding the fact so she could really shock her.

"yes, i will but with one condition." chae widened her eyes. "close your eyes." chae just obeyed and lisa pulled the brake. they stopped on their exact same spot where chae broke down the first time with lisa.

it was han river. chae and lisa were both just young college students when chae had a total meltdown after breaking up with her boyfriend who claimed will marry her when she turn 21 but ended up cheating on her with chae's own best friend whom chae saw as sister.

and lisa was the hero who cheered chae up, giving chae herself to be a punch bag, but chae couldn't hurt her so instead lisa kissed her lips and said, "i know it's too early and it's a bad time but you must know that you always have me right here and i promise i will love you this way until the end like this endlessly flowing river."

the same han river where two months later chae and lisa decided to date while eating their last box of pizza in the middle of the night after running away from chae's mother's creditors.

"now open your eyes," lisa said. when chae opened her eyes, all she saw were blurry sight of the woman she fell in love with kneeling on one knee in front of her, a river streaming down on her left and their car parked beside them.

"what are you doing?" chae asked innocently as she was mostly not sober. "i'm proposing to my favorite person in the world." chae cried out, "i'm speechless-" and she started to burst in tears.

"park chaeyoung, my one and only, will you marry me?" she said while pulling out a diamond ring from her pocket. "why would- why- why would you- take- so long- just- just to propose?" chae stammered with her unstable voice and in between her hiccups, clearly showing mixed emotions.

"because you are my angel and i am your hero. you will be there for me to cherish the everyday of my life with your sweetness and i will be there for you in your lowest times when you're stressed or driven crazy because of problems. and because i want to show you that i will never let you go even if you grow tired of me. i love you, naui cheonsa."

"we're both just a mess that can't help but love each other more than one even knew." and han river was a silent witness of their love story.

"yes, of course!" chae exclaimed and hugged lisa right after she slid the ring on her finger. the inseparable two smiled because finally it happened. and the rest?

it's just history.

a/n: request down below for more blackpink oneshots! use the comment section or message me with format: [bp ship], [story line]