the dance • jensoo [EDITED]

jennie's pov

i've been having a crush on jisoo for quite a while by now. what? you think it's easy? bitch please, liking your own best friend suck as hell. i mean like, hey, we hold hands, we hug, we kiss on cheeks for our whole life- actually it's an exaggeration, i've been with jisoo for seven? six? oh ten years. by the way, i'm 18.

and now in high school, i just- i just like her and i'm totally a fucked up mess. you know. damn man we used to take a shower together when we were like nine? no, wait she's older than me by a year. and now if i just see a little of her cleavage, mama, i'm horny.

well, okay. i'm- yes i'm really really open and honest to her. i'm an openly bisexual so she knows exactly what turns me on is not just boys abs, but also girls cleavage and a little booty. yeah i feel like a total asshole by now.

the fact that i don't know what her feelings towards me hurts the most. i mean like yeah, jisoo's a pansexual- but hey, it's not just about your sexuality.

this is about love, too.

this is about: do you feel your heart race when she touches you? do you feel your blood rush when she compliments you? do you feel your face heats up when she hugs you? do you feel like if she's not by your side, you're just a lonely piece of shit- like you just lost a part of you?

well, in this case, jisoo is the best. she can hide her emotions easily which is a big problem to me. jisoo is not the type of girl that lies about her feelings, but you can definitely see what she truly wants through the rage of her eyes. jisoo is the kind of girl where she says all she thinks about exactly at the time (sometimes it's just not the right moment), but her eyes are just.. blank? she's just a great actress and it shows.

that's why i'm not positive about it and uhm, i'm kinda scared she never like me back. what if she feels numb every time she's with me? what if she just loves me as a best friend? or even worse, a sister? what if she never wants me?

but this time- not anymore. i'm- i'm going to confess to her okay? i'm going to risk it all. do i have any other choices? yes. but no, i can't wait anymore longer. i have to. 'cause this is not just some extreme curiosity. it's about acceptance. will she? i hope so. let's see.

i'll ask her to the dance.

jisoo's pov

whAt thE fUck? what the fuck. what thefuckkkkkkkkkkk.

oh wait, hey! wait *cough cough, clears throat* hmm, well so.. big news. i think i like jennie? well~ i don't know, but i feel things. i mean it. like i-

ilikeherandimfreakingoutcuzithinkshedoesntlikemebackwhatthehell. uhhh so, i like her and i'm freaking the fuck out because i think she doesn't like me back. i'm serious.

really~ okay? i'm just panicking like I'm really nervous, she probably doesn't return my feelings. well yeah, i'm usually chill but not this time.

dude! she's my best friend since we were eight. we've been together for almost like forever. oh, by the way i'm older by one year. so i was nine when she was eight. sorry, correction.

we are used to doing things side by side. from taking a shower to having play date in our wide wide garden. from going to school to walking our pets (hers is a dog mine is a snake- no please don't be concerned, his name is j it's cute). from tying each others shoes to cuddling during movie nights.

and now? we're like fucking high schoolers and i like her and i'm messed up. simple? you gotta be kidding me. hiding your feelings towards your own best friend sucks. okay?

did you try to tell her?

wait wait honey i've done everything. flirting, like she just doesn't get my code.

i tried saying cliche romantic movie lines and we just laugh it off. i tried complimenting her hair and she was just like 'thanks'. i kissed her cheeks a little harder, but she doesn't get it. i tried but she just- she never understands.

i mean it.

just- hey! i don't, i don't know man- so the big problem here is we're going to a dance. no not the dance club, idiot. the dance. prom sort of thing. and like everything is going to be fancy and stuff.

i just really, really hope she would ask me out but i'm not really one hundred percent sure she will. i- well, i love her a lot. from the way she thinks like a genius, how she's dressed so swaggy and cool, how she speaks is so~ charismatic, the way she sings is so sweet and delicate and just- how warm her hug is. oh wait don't forget her dance! one word, flexible.

huft. i- i don't know. probably i set my goals to high, hoping for rather surreal things to happen. i love her, but if i never get the chance to be in a relationship with her, i guess it would be fine. as long as she's happy.

as long as i can see her smile, i'm okay. as long as i can see her being her usual sunshine, i'll be good. i- if the best thing i could do is let her go, i will but you know, there's still a little wish for things to happen. at least i can have this little sweet dream, fantasy, imagination.

no matter what, i just want the best for her, for i love her more than anything in this world.

Non drabble version:
lovesick • jensoo