thank you • lisoo

"i am speed," jisoo said as she blasted through the door and jumped on the couch in the living room, then being scolded by jennie and chaeyoung for watching too much lightning mcqueen stuff.

the girl who'd just been sighed was to apathetic to care about them so she just turned on the television and watch cars again for maybe the 47th time during the month. "jisoo sweetie, go play outside with the others," her mom told her.

jisoo shook her head and pouted. she hated the outside world. having jennie and chaeyoung around was already pointless and exhausting enough for her. she knew once the two came, it would be over for her.

it's not that jennie and chaeyoung hated her, it's just their personalities would always clash. and jisoo would just be.. a loner. that's why she'd rather stay in the living room, watching her favorite cartoon while eating chips.

comfort zone is where jisoo lived.

she would beg, plead and cry for her parents to let her stay inside, but none of those would matter anyways, so she walked out, to the endless garden full of fresh green grass and the air with smell of just ended rain.

jisoo sat down and watched her older sisters from the small wooden steps in front of her door, sleepishly lying her head on her tightly folded and embraced thin knees. the sun was fully out yet, but a peek of wonderful rainbow was showing and the sky gave her a strength to at least stay to admire its beauty & grace.

jennie, her five years older sister, and chaeyoung, her six years older sister, was running around in their boots, skipping all around the muddy puddles while singing and holding hands. they were dancing under the rain just like most pre-teenagers do for fun, but jisoo was clueless.

then suddenly the tapping sound of their footwears with watery ground stopped. instead, a steady footstep noises replaced it and when jisoo brought her head up, a girl was already there, smiling softly and all sweetly.

the girl was wearing a bright pink hoodie and her blonde bangs were covering her forehead. she had a pair of cute bunny ears and wore classic jeans along with neon pink boots. her eyes were doe like a deer's and her grin was all adorable. she was charming for jisoo.

it seemed like the girl was not much older than jisoo. might even be younger or the same age as her, but jisoo had never seen a creature as pretty as her. she fell in love right away, her sight focused on the girl's soft gaze.

"hi, jennie unnie. hi, chaeyoung unnie," the girl politely bowed and softly grinned. "hi!" then they both continued playing without bothering to interact further with that girl.

"hello," she greeted her. what kind of creature is this? is she an angel? why so wonderful and beatiful and pure and indescribable with words? jisoo thought. "h-hello," she greeted back, stuttering.

the girl grinned even wider, her hand was ready to shook jisoo's shaky one. "what's your name?" she asked immediately. "jisoo. and- and you?" her smile once again popped out. "lisa, my name is lisa. nice to meet you, jisoo!" she seemed so energetic and excited, even jisoo was electrocuted by her happy sparks.

"ah~ jennie and chaeyoung are always like that," she sounded like complaining. jisoo turned her head. "hmm?" lisa just sighed. "it seemed all fun, chaotic and wow, but it's boring, to be honest."

"yeah. and tiring too," jisoo replied in sort of agony from the ignorance and annoyance. "they be always wasting energy and time."

"i know right?" jisoo shook her head. yes, she always sounded naturally mature to appeal to older people. "come on, let's do something else instead," lisa offered as she stood up.

so, lisa, brought her inside and baked cookies with jisoo instead. they made chocolate chip cookies and put all those warm stuffy babies in cute jars they loved so much.

jisoo and lisa had so much fun time and ended up having a better thing to do instead of doing useless things outdoors. "this is so- hmmm, tasty," jisoo praised their cooking.

"soft, delicate, sweet, salty, crunchy and chewy. anton ego would love this!" lisa exclaimed while having a mouth full of cookies. "the chocolate is melting too- wait, you watch ratatouille?"

"well, of course, i do! i mean, watching cartoons are the best! and i love colette tatou, she's amazing," lisa said, her teeth still busy chewing cookies. "oh my wall-e! i thought adults don't watch cartoons?" jisoo asked.

"who said that?" lisa narrowed her eyebrows. "jennie and chae unnies," jisoo answered innocently, her hand already grabbing another cookie. "weirdos. without cartoons, the world isn't alive!"

jisoo giggled. the two then laughed together and smiled into each others eyes.

"thank you," jisoo said.

"hmm?" lisa mumbled while biting her cookie.

"it turns out having a friend isn't that bad."