stay • jensoo [EDITED]

may 16th, 2016.

"please, stay a little longer." the helpless elder pleaded. her eyes were glassy, tears rolling out of sadness. she was never quite good at hiding her emotions.

"it's not gonna be long, okay?" jennie smiled widely, as she tucked her hair into a messy bun. jennie took one more look at herself on the mirror. she looked straight at the spy on the piece of reflective glass, the notorious spy she had been dreaming of to be a hero since she was young.

jisoo was a mess, and she didn't know the younger was also concealing a mess in her heart. the older hoarded her sobs in her throat, muffled as her lips were shut.

"this is just a short mission and we're going to move to the countryside as you wish," reassured jennie as she turned to grip jisoo's shoulder firmly. she loved the latter more than life, and the last thing she wanted to see was her crying out of sorrow, but her job was still her job and she couldn't let down the lives of millions of people that was trusted in her hands just because of jisoo. she would choose jisoo over the world, but it would be against her moral compass where she stood strictly.

jennie brought the older, steadily, towards their bed. the two sat down side by side on the edge of the bed side.

"one last mission and then we'll build a family, and a homey farm, in a kind neighborhood and be happily ever after. no more missions, i swear," the younger smiled as she bent down staring at her wife's wide hazel eyes. "only this one," she assured jisoo, "and it's done. i promise."

"i'm scared," whined jisoo. there was a tremble on her shaky, breathy voice, a tremble of uncertainty. it's not that jisoo didn't trust jennie's courage and it's not that jisoo doubted jennie's capability. it's that jisoo knew her heroicism would bring her somewhere far apart and away, separating the two to ends of the stretched universe.

"hey, honeybee. the more you fear, the less you see, because your sight is covered by it, okay? the last thing i want you to be is blinded by fear. try to be brave, overcome all these and don't cry, for me, okay?" jennie gripped jisoo's shoulder, massaging a little even to lift the clouds of burden off her chest.

jisoo looked at jennie with an indistinct gaze. her fixated eyes were searching for warmth of comfort, not the burning passion to save people she sought. however, she was speechless. she knew jennie was a person of her word and principles. so, all jisoo could do was to support jennie despite her growing anxiety and worry.

jennie looked at jisoo with an unclear stare. there was a feeling deeper than inside her guts, maybe it was located in her heart instead, jabbing so deeply it made her sight half hazy and incoherent from building up tears. jennie wanted to stay, but she knew she couldn't.

"trust me. we're gonna be alright, we're gonna be just fine, and there's nothing to worry about."

jisoo nodded softly. an uneasy feeling filled her stomach, but she chose to trust jennie.

jennie bent down and kissed her lips, gently. slowly, she inserted her tongue inside jisoo's warm mouth. it didn't ease the two though the moment made them melt into each other's touch and embrace. so, jennie pulled away softly.

"i love you three thousand," jennie spoke as she cupped her face, thumbs carressing jisoo's cheeks tenderly. jisoo let out a single chortle, even when her heart was heavy and the air was too hefty.

jennie lead both jisoo and herself to bed, slowly stripping off her clothes from her body-one by one. she started with her white silk kimono to her red laced bra and lastly her black underwear. she brushed jisoo's hair with her fingers, fondly.

"i love you so much kim jisoo, i would never do anything to harm you." there was this strange undertone in jennie's sentence but something in jisoo held herself back from questioning. she didn't want to break the serenity of the scene, ruining what's content.