new year's eve • jensoo chaelisa

"So, did you get the invitation?" Jennie asked, not looking up from her phone, hands and mouth busy snacking chips, while she lied on the couch with her legs hanging freely. She was wearing the hoodie she had worn for two days straight and her hair was as oily as it could get.

Jisoo, fresh out of a cold shower and wrapped in just towels, walked out of her bathroom. As soon as her focus shifted towards Jennie, a tired sigh left her lips. She just shook her head and went to her closet.

"New year's eve? Joohyun's party?" Chaeyoung turned off the TV. "Did you get the invitation too?"

"That's why I'm asking you that," answered Jennie.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys? The four of us are all invited collectively!" Jisoo just rolled her eyes as she walked back in the bedroom.

"Really?" Lisa asked.

"Yes! On god, Lisa. You guys can't remember shit to save a life for real," replied Jisoo in annoyance. "And take a fucking shower, you bed bug. For fuck's sake, you smell like onions and shrimp, babe," scolded Jisoo as she pulled Jennie's phone away from her face.

"Ugh, fine." Jennie walked away to take a shower, although it was written all over her face that she was, in fact, annoyed. Of course, she still did what Jisoo said anyways because she knew her wife would never mean anything ill fated to harm her.

Somehow, SHINEE's Ring Ding Dong played out so loudly out of nowhere.

"Sorry, guys, gotta pick my phone," mumbled Chaeyoung as she walked out the door.

So, there was only two left in the room and neither were trying to talk to each other.

All that deafening silence, with Jennie's metal singing in the background and Chaeyoung's loud business call from out of the master bedroom, just stayed for at least ten minutes until Jisoo decided to break the ice. "Have you picked out an outfit?" (Lisa would most likely not wear a dress.)

"Just a simple mirrorball-like silver jumpsuit. Sleeveless and all that," answered Lisa. It was also Celine. "You?"

"Purple. It's always purple." It was definitely from Dior.

"Dress?"

"Yeah, but I'm covering it with like a black shoulder padded suit? It kind of matches the vibe better rather than mixing the dress with butterfly aesthetics."

"Cool."

Jisoo turned the TV back on, and turned the volume down, only for some white noise to cover up Jennie's sore throat based voice cracks in attempts to do the vocal homework from her coach. Jisoo wouldn't say it was bad–she would say it was sexy even–but she wasn't neccessarily in the mood to listen to Jennie singing Mariah Carey's Emotions, especially not since Jennie had already sung that for the whole week.

"How much more longer are you going to hide those feelings, Lisa?" Jisoo asked, turning her gaze towards her younger sister.

"You knew?" Lisa's doe eyes went full on deer-in-the-headlights mode. "I only ever told like Jennie and she swore to keep it forever."

"No one's foolish enough to believe that you don't like Chaeyoung," replied Jisoo nonchalantly. "Even if it's unsaid, you're literally always staring at her, paying so much attention to the little things she did, her appearance and whatnot. Everyone knows you're just as equally as whipped as she is to you."

"She likes me?"

"Oh you poor thing," muttered Jennie, with her witty sounding hoarse voice, as she surprisingly went out of the bathroom and immediately locked the bedroom door. "You really don't know she's into you?"