not so discreetly, was it? • jensoo

Jennie felt hot tears rolling down her cheeks. She even covered her face from the sobbing. She never knew how the very thing she thought she would despise could be the reason she's breaking down.

Ever since high school started, Jennie went back to Korea and reconnected with her early middle school friends she met before moving to the States because of family matters. With that being said, Jennie had enough familiar people and a safe environment for her to overcome the change and adapt well. Even though it hadn't always been smooth, her friends–Jisoo, Nayeon and Sooyoung–were always there to help her.

Then, Jennie started developing–to be fair, it was more of resuming–her feelings towards a certain friend she did back in middle school, but she was too shy to admit it. She decided that it was best to keep her feelings lowkey rather than professing her love on her crush whom she didn't know whether she reciprocated her desires or not.

However, suddenly–sometime around January, after the long winter break and almost exactly a month before Valentine's Day–bouquettes of flower started appearing in her locker, along with a letter. The girls locker room could only be accessed with cards, possessed by the girls from the cheerleading team–that was lead by Nayeon which sort of explained how Jennie entered the team so quickly and easily right away after transferring into the school although the team was infamous to be elite and exclusive. Her locker was always locked anyways, but she figured someone might had peeked on her passcode numbers.

At first Jennie was creeped out. Her suspicions narrowed down into either it was from a weirdo guy (or girl, who knows?) outside of the team but got the access card from some poor girl in the team or even scam and force the very girl to sneak the letter and bouquette in her locker. Another possibility would be it was someone from the cheer team but from what she knew all her friends in that secluded group was very straight. It was a strange rare occurence and it's totally realistic for Jennie to freak out, especially when she's just a new transfer student who barely knew anyone and was not popular by any means–even though she was friends with the literal star (Nayeon) and hottie (Sooyoung) of the school.

Nonetheless, Sooyoung nonchalantly told her to chill out. She asked Jennie to open the letter which had strings of sweet sayings and swooning poems. It was not over the top but it was heartwarming and honest. There was nothing suspicious out of it and after a series of checking, she learned that the letters and bouquettes were just from a secret admirer and it was harmless (and she was not robbed nor blackmailed since she never kept anything expensive or evidences that could lead to her to her downfall).

Though she was dying to know who sent them, she just stayed silent. She would rather not make a fuss and overthink about it, but enjoy the sweet little things the letters had said.

Before she realized it, Jennie was attached.

Every day after her dance practice, she would look into the locker and intentionally left it unlocked even. She read every lingering and hauntingly beautiful words while a soft smile grew on her lips.

There were different varieties of bouquettes as well–but it had one thing in common, all of them had yellow hyacinth (as to nudge on her birth flowers and not to mean of jealousy, as explained by the letter)–with various diversity of meanings, which not all of them was understood by Jennie. However, none of them were never not tooth rottingly sweet for her. Once it was a bouquette of gardenias which meant "secret love," then on another day it was a bouquette of ranunculus which meant "I find you attractive." On another time, it was a bouquette of light purple lilacs which symbolized "first love," and on another occassion, it was a bouquette of deep pink carnations which symbolized "blooming love." At one time, it was a bouquette of red amaryllis which showed the admirer's adoration for Jennie's confidence and beauty, and at another moment, it was a bouquette red tulips which was said to be a flower that meant "true love." There was never a day with the same bouquettes of flowers.