time bomb • jennie x y/n angst

prologue

the aura was tensed. the hall was full of quiet crowds watching the two arguing. the broken couple kept on throwing harsh words on each other.

"you're a jerk! you cheated on me- with my own sister!" jennie shouted. "i swear jennie- i never cheated!" he yelled back. daniel, her boyfriend, tried to slap jennie on her face and that's where i came and heroically stopped his hand before it flew hurt jennie right away.

48 hours ago

so technically my name is y/n. i'm going to be 23 by the end of the year and yes, I'm legal. i've been jennie's best friend for my whole life. and it sucks 'cause i'm developing feelings for her.

but unfortunately she never knew and i never told her. it's simply because i don't want to force her to love me back. i want her to go naturally with life and enjoy it without being cuffed in a relationship.

my crush had been going on for several years by now and since we're both in college years, of course these boyfriend-girlfriend thing is very common. and it's normal. but the thing is- jennie fell for someone else instead.

i decided to let her go, even when i secretly still have a little sparks in my heart for her. i've never had problems with her boyfriends since her first when we were sixteen. but this one, daniel, is a big threat to jennie.

jennie is.. innocent. she didn't know who confessed, proposed and now is her boyfriend. daniel is an alcoholic, drug addict, and sells illegal prostitutes. jennie was just too blind with her love and so when daniel knelt in front of her with a diamond ring, she immediately said yes. little did she know that one yes would change her life into a tragedy.

daniel was a sweet man with compelling dimple smile for the first few months. then he started showing his real demon. when jennie moved to his apartment and left my flat, daniel always went home in the morning. drunk or high. sometimes he brought girls and it was hurtful towards jennie.

ever since that time, jennie cried a lot. she told me that everything was not as she expected to be. she had to take care of her ignorant boyfriend who used her like a sex slave and an unpaid maid. i was really angry.

i got really mad and told her to break up. but she refused and told me i was out of my mind. she said she loved him so much. but she was lonelier than ever. so i offered her to come over my flat anytime she wanted, but how unlucky was she when daniel found out she's been hanging out with me. daniel beated her up and immediately warned her to stay away from me, unless she wants her sister to be dead.

i was so sad. she was getting.. crazy. so she slipped out of her apartment through her window and went home in the middle of the night, right before her boyfriend came home.

i showed how love and care was supposed to be. i complimented her and hugged her every time she got into a problem. i helped her solve them and get through it. but no matter how many ways i tried to love her, she just would never understand.

"so like- my mother saw me watching sebastian stan's live in instagram and didn't even bother to ask if he was my boyfriend or not, she just thought i was video calling my boyfriend. and so like right before she closed the door, she waved a little goodbye to him and i couldn't help but cackle," jennie muttered while munching her favorite chocolate biscuits.

"well yeah, wouldn't you leave your boyfriend for sebastian?" i spoke, knowing how die hard fan she was for sebastian stan. "well yeah, duh, of course." she giggled. "you deserve it." my words echoed throughout the kitchen and suddenly it was silent.

"well, i mean it. you deserve a better boyfriend and of course, sebastian would fit into this category." i continued and she sadly looked at the ground. "yeah.. probably. also-" she turned to the clock. it was 2:45. "i have to go, it's already midnight," she said sadly. i couldn't hold her and so she left.

tortured. we just need to wait and see, for the time bomb to explode.

it wasn't even twenty minutes, when my heart was torn apart. i started my engine and immediately left my flat furiously in high speed. jennie called me, telling me that her boyfriend cheated on her with her sister. how broken her heart was caused a bunch of pain my heart. how dare he slept with her own sister?!

epilogue

"you're a fucking liar. you cheated on her and now you wanna slap her, embarrass her and spread lies about her? she never cheated on you, daniel. you did," i sputtered words out of madness. "you never deserve her." i pointed at the frozen man in front of me. "this relationship is over. she's leaving with me."

i pulled jennie to my hug, leading her out of the circle of crowds. "coward," i whispered. i held her wrist, slowly bringing her to the rooftop.

it was sunset.

jennie still sobbed on my shoulder. "i- i don't wanna end this.." i cupped her face, looking right into her eyes. "hey, why are you sad? you're supposed to be happy now. you're free. free from that abusive monster who tortures you mentally." i wiped her little tears, trying to warm her and cheer her up.

"i love you so much," i told her softly. it was silent. she finally stopped crying. "in what a way?" i bit my lips. "i don't know-" she sighed. "be honest, y/n," she laid her head on my chest. "jennie~"

she kissed my lips hard. like she crashed it, but it wasn't forceful. it was easy. it was peaceful. "i know it, y/n," jennie softly whispered. "i understand if you don't really want to talk about it."

"i'm sorry, jennie," i muttered. "shh, no, don't be, please," she pleaded. "just- just do me a favor," jennie said. "stay with me. don't walk away." i smiled softly, as she rubbed her thumbs on my cheeks.

"i love you too," she confessed. "in what way?" i teasingly asked her. "i- fuck." jennie smirked. "what?" she giggled a little. for the first time, in these whole time, her eyes were lit with hope. sparks. happiness. "have a guess." it was adorable. and mysterious. and i love it.

"cool. let's say you give me time to guess?" she nodded in agreement. "alright then, but promise me something." her eyes were wide. "don't leave me until you have the answer, y/n." jennie gave me her pinky finger. "promise."

4 years later..

"i'm the happiest woman on earth!" jennie screamed at me, her eyes were sharply staring at me. "yeah, sure. tell me anything you want." i cupped her chubby cheeks, looking at her little puffy, puppy eyes.

it was a second before the cutie turned into a hottie beast. she licked her lips aggressively, circling her arms around my neck. "i still can't believe we're married." i laughed a little. "yeah, me neither." she kissed me roughly. i love her so much.

what happens next will be up to your imagination ;)