Jaxon Howden *Dirty* (Pt. 1)

Jasmina

-Long, dark hair

-Curvy

-Caramel skin

-5'4"

Jasmina P.O.V

"Lizzie pass the ball!" I shouted.

As soon as the ball touched my fingertips, I was gone. I ran down the court, sweat dripping down my neck and chest. A girl on the other team was following me, and her teammate was coming up in front. I quickly juked them both out when the moment was right. I laughed to myself and finished the run down the court. No one could stop me now.

"Shoot!" I kept hearing people yell.

I bent my knees a little and jumped, letting the ball leave my grasp. I watched as it made its way to the basket. My mouth was agape. Everything was quiet. The buzzard sounded and the ball was spinning on the rim. I felt like the world slowed down. A single bead of sweat fell from my chin and landed on my gym shoe. The ball came to a slow stop and eventually fell into the basket.

The crowd erupted in cheers. I smiled brightly. I felt my teammates crowding around me. We all hugged and high fived.

"Jas that was incredible!"

"MVP forreal!"

"Great play, Jas!"

The girls and our coaches were throwing compliments out left and right. I couldn't say thank you fast enough. Our team took a picture with the trophy and ran off to the locker rooms to change.

"Alright guys, you have to 20 minutes to change then we need to meet up by the buses to head to the airport."

We all cheered and got dressed. I put on my gray jogging pants and a black tank top.

"How are you already done changing?" Laughed my friend Lizzie.

"I don't need to dress up to hop on a plane and fly for 10 hours."

She shook her head, "We are going to one of the most beautiful cities in the world and you wanna waste it wearing jogging pants and tank tops."

"Yep." I chuckled.

"Maybe that style works for you, Jaxon seems to like it."

I blushed at the mention of his name. "Whatever." I walked out of the room and into the gym.

The ball was sitting under the basket. I put down my bag and picked up the ball. I dribbled it a few times and threw it into the basket. Nothing but net, I smiled to myself.

"Nice shot, Jasmina," said a low, sexy voice. I turned and saw Jaxon entering from the gym.

My cheeks burned, "Hey Jaxon."

"You played a really great game. You're probably the best player on the team."

I chuckled, "I'm not, but thank you. You played an amazing game, too. Your block shot was perfectly executed."

"Thanks, if I didn't do it, we would've lost the game." He rubbed the back of his neck. "You're going on the team trip, right?"

I nodded, "Of course."

"You wanna, um, sit next to me on the plane?"

I picked up my bag and walked over to the nervous boy and lightly punched his shoulder, "I'd like that." I exited the gym and made my way to the busses. I sat in the open seat next to Lizzie.

"Where were you?"

"I was talking to Jaxon. He asked me to sit next to him on the plane."

"I knew it! JJ is real!"

I put my hand over her mouth, "Shut up, please."

She licked my hand. I quickly pulled it away and we burst into laughter.

We made it to the airport thirty minutes later. The coaches made sure all our luggage was set. All we did now was sit on the uncomfortable chairs waiting for flight to be called.

We boarded the plane and like promised, Jaxon was sitting in an empty row with his carry on bag taking up two seats.

"You didn't have to save the seat. I'm pretty sure everyone knew we were gonna sit together, even before you thought to ask."

He laughed. His teeth were perfect. The perfect bright white. Perfectly straightened. His cheeks rose high so his eyes looked closed. "You're right. I'm pretty sure I heard some of the girls plotting behind our backs the other day. I think one of them threatened Chris to not sit next to me."

I shook my head but smiled. He moved his bag for me to sit down. He placed both of our carry ons into the compartment over us.

Once we took off and the feeling of sickness went away, I talked to Jaxon some more. I learned that he had a secret talent of singing. No one's ever heard him unless they were around him while he was showering.

"So you've been singing for that long and you haven't told anyone? Not even your parents?"

"I'm a basketball player. Not a singer. They'd all laugh at me."

"Sing for me."

His eyes grew wide, "No, no. Not here. Maybe sometime later on this trip."

I agreed and we continued to talk for another hour or two then I began to fall asleep. We switched seats so he was sitting by the window and I was in the middle seat. He laid his head on the window and I reluctantly laid my head on his shoulder. We slept peacefully.