Myles Parrish *Sweet*

Kaylan ( pronounced kay-lin):
-Black hair with blue highlights
-Light skin
-5'4"

Kaylan P.O.V.

"Myles what are we doing at my parents house?"

"I thought we should come by and see them before we left for our trip."

I laughed and got out of the car, "Why? I talked to them on the phone last night and told them I'd see them when we got back."

"I think it's better for you to see them before. You are their only daughter."

"They have a son that they can see, too, ya know."

He didn't have a comeback for that so all he did was laugh. We walked up to my parent's door and rang the doorbell. My dad answered and smiled at me, "Hey, Kaylan."

"Hi, daddy," I kissed his cheek and walked inside the house. My brother and his wife were there and I could hear their two kids playing upstairs. We all greeted each other and sat on the couch. I told them all about our plans for Hawaii and everything I couldn't wait to see.

"Well I hope you guys have a safe trip," my mom said, patting my knee. "Myles," she called.

My dad and Myles walked out of the kitchen laughing, but Myles looked a little on edge. "Yes?" he responded.

"As my daughter's boyfriend, it is your job to take care of her on your trip."

"Actually, that's what I came here about," he said. His hand flew behind his neck and he scratched.

I got up from the couch and walked over to him, "What are you talking about?" I was suddenly really nervous. Was he breaking up with me? In front of my family!

Myles grabbed my hands and looked me in my eyes, "Kaylan, we have been together for 3 beautiful years and there is no one I can see myself spending the rest of my life with. I was going to wait until we got to Hawaii to do this, but," Myles got down on one knee and reached into his pocket. He took out a black velvet box. He opened it up and inside was the most beautiful diamond ring. My hand flew to my mouth and I felt tears brimming at my eyes. "Kaylan, will you marry me?"

I nodded my head quickly, "Yes!"

Myles slid the ring onto my finger and picked me up, spinning me around in the process. He set me down and kissed my lips. I forgot my family was in the room and pulled away.

They congratulated us and we said our goodbyes. We got into the car and drove to the airport.

We were silent but neither of us wiped the smiles from our faces. I looked over at my now fiance, "I like how we're going to Hawaii before our wedding. Normally, people go on their honeymoons after they get married."

"Hey, we're not like normal couples. We'll just have to go on another trip later," he winked at me and grabbed my hand.

"I love you, Mr. Parrish."

He kissed my hand, "I love you more, future Mrs. Parrish."

I sat back in the seat and closed my eyes, enjoying the ride.

I loved this! Enjoy, Kaylan!