Chapter 31

Lizzy's Pov...

I had done my exercise this morning before Stormi woke up. I did it carefully to avoid her knowing. If she ever did, she would not go back to bed again. An hour later she woke at the supposed time and began to look for me. I found her in bed and asked her to get ready, to the best of her ability, for school, allaying her fears as I did.

With a smile, she ran for the bathroom. She already knew the morning ritual ever since we came down here to live in the Broncos.

Soon afterwards I could hear the humming of her electric toothbrush as it hummed and gradually died afterwards. I lay down on the ground thinking about how I would go about today's work.

Things had gotten worse at work recently, my boss was growing more pissed the more. He would complain about every single thing I did and went to the extent of asking me to babysit for a woman who had, without thinking, brought her child to work.

Before the end of the work, I had already suffered from a bleeding shin and three bites. After distractedly thanking me, I left angrily, hoping to pen down a resignation letter in coming weeks or days. Depending on when next I would be vexed. I had not told Mark about this, but I was surely going to.

I called Mark later to ask how he was doing but my call wouldn't be picked. But I didn't worry, knowing that he was in the middle of a tight schedule with business meetings and all that. After the third call I resolved to go prepare Lizzy for school and as well, get prepared for work.

Everything was done in a matter of time. I was brushing my hair when I heard the crunching of gravel stopping somewhere in the neighborhood. Stormi, thinking it stopped in our house, fled for the door. I laughed knowing she reveled greatly in being carried up and kissed by Mark. An emotional needing which Derrick had not been able to meet up with. I was surprised however when she screamed some minutes later in my direction that someone was at the door.

I peered through the peephole and was shocked to see Mark standing in the doorway. Excited and stunned, I opened the door for him before hugging and kissing him.

He entered

Mark didn't look comfortable when I kissed him. He put up a smile one could easily discern what was behind it.

He turned around to Stormi once we were done. Stormi had been looking at us the whole while. He went towards her and picked her up before kissing her on the forehead and not dropping her as she blushed and laughed at intervals.

"Are you in a hurry?" Mark asked me while looking around, sitting.

"No, we're not" I lied

"but you are getting ready for work and-"

I cut him off, smiling "I can still discuss things with the proprietor and my boss" the unwavering smile still in my eyes.

"Okay. Are you going to work with your hair like this. It's not well brushed. "

"Oh, I know. I was actually doing it before you came in"

"maybe I could help with that," Mark said, smiling

A big smile returned to my face as I shrugged, rolling my eyes. "Your help will be very much appreciated"

He sighed heavily before looking around again.

"how did you learn this" I asked of him as he lifed the mass of hair on my shoulders and softly brushed them while smiling at me in the mirror.

"My mother taught me"

"I forgot to ask. How is she doing and your dad?" I asked him

"We are all good. What about Bella?"

"She hasn't come around in some days. Antenatal stuff"

"and have you checked on her since then?"

"Sure, twice"

"Nice" he said, and continued to brush my hair

"And yes. Here is it"

"Wow, good job" I complimented before standing. He looked right behind me and looked puzzled. Turning his face to mine, he put up a bright smile.

"You know I love you Lizzy?" He said

I blushed, and bent my face a bit.

"How much do you love me?" I asked

He forcefully slammed my body to his as though he had been wanting to crush my body that way, for so long. He kissed me hungrily and pushed me towards the small table where I did my make-up. He did not hold me around my waste this time around, he held the table but it didn't make any difference. What mattered was the kiss.