Chapter 53

LIZZY'S POV...

I was on my way home when my phone rang. I almost didn't pick up, but the light changed and I found myself sitting.

"Hello,"

"Hello"

"Mark. Good morning."

"Where are you? I have been waiting. I'm home with Stormi"

"Hold on a bit. I will be with you in a moment. Never expected you to be home this early." I was thrown off by this.

"I'm on my way from Bella's."

"How is the baby?"

"They're good."

"Ok. Hurry up" Mark said "And be careful with your hand please"

I laughed and hung up immediately. I matched on the accelerator and was soon on my way to Mark's house. It was a ten-minutes drive to Mark's house. Stormi was smiling to herself, seemingly unconscious of the ice cream she had on one hand. I turned back at the road before me before touching my stomach slightly. I wondered what was keeping Mark. I wondered if he was going to leave me again or... I blushed at the thought. When I arrived, the front door was open. He even came out before we entered the house. He came directly at us and we exchanged hugs.

"Be careful Lizzy, your hand hasn't healed yet. But you know I can't help it" he chuckled and observed the now-healed wound in my arm.

It was three months since Susan shot me. She was now languishing in jail alongside Derrick.

I circled his neck with my arms and looked up at him.

"Did you get it? What I sent you."

"Was coming to that. Thank you so much." I leaned forward and kissed him.

"Can we go inside now cuz I don't want to waste your time anymore. It's still amazing how we got out of all this. And I must admit that I am sorry for everything that happened. You know I didn't meant to."

"I understand. I want to know why you called me first, explanations can come later."

I walked inside, never seizing to admire how beautiful this room was. It was an architectural marvel. I felt Mark hold me from the back. I giggled like a kid."Let's get cracking, Lizzy. Shall we?"

"Sure" I responded, a ghost of a smile on my lips as I wondered where he was heading.

"Now, you didn't respond when I asked that question. What am I supposed to do?"

"What question." I rolled my eyes to the top and watched as he looked down at me, no at of hair on his chin. He did not like to carry his beards.

"The one I asked you in the hospital. " He feigned annoyance.

My face flushed tomato-red. At this moment, he was giving me butterflies but bats.

"I thought you were speaking out of eh.. you know, emotions were high and I wanted to know if you really meant it."

"I'm damn serious, Lizzy." He flushed.

I laughed a quick laugh before I turned, holding hands with him and looking down at the floor.

I looked up at him and in that second remembered all that we had been through and how fate had intervened when every hope seemed lost.

Sometimes we needed enemies so our dreams could come true .

Mark looked impatient. He couldn't hold it. He wanted an answer right away.

It felt like bliss. It felt heavenly. I couldn't describe the joy inside me.

I hugged him tightly before I looked him in the eye and said. "I'm carrying your child Mark."

"And yes, I will marry you."

Stormi's eyes lit. Her giggle was like spring air.

************************

"Say, is it official now.?" Samantha asked of me when I returned. A smile was on her face.

"Yes. She said yes. But there isn't a date yet. A date hasn't hasn't sent."

"But she's not wearing any ring"

"Maybe you could have told me you still loved me."

She scoffed, and I smiled back.

"Is everything set?" I asked.

"Just as you wanted"

I held her hands tight to my chest, a feeling of contentment washed through me.

everything was nice and perfect now and our love grew stronger each day.

THE END